Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m looking to buy an Evoque (between 2011-2016).

Majority of the models I like are Diesel, however most of my driving is local and inner city so finding it harder to get the spec I want on Petrol. I am worried about running into DPF issues which I know could be on any Diesel vehicle.
Anyone got experience of local driving with a Diesel evoque? Would you recommend I continue my quest in finding a Petrol?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Hi and welcome. I'd be holding out for a petrol model but if you do decide to buy diesel then the 2.2 would be a better bet for town driving.

Reactions: Bazz and Maffy

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Hi Ali_m XZ4 knows his onions, keep looking for a petrol version.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
310 petrol Evoques on Autotrader. Not all in your price range but a Good place to start.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
With the years you’re looking at then it would be a majority of 2.2 models anyway so the DPF issue doesn’t come into play really, however a bigger congestion charge is the downside if your going into city centres when and if it’s introduced to all cities, had my 2.2 for 2.5 years short journeys no problem at all ... just the usual snags and steering rack ....

Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for my ignorance, the 2.2 diesel will most likely not have dpf issues? How come? I’ve had diesel cars in the past and had the same issue with both of them, they were other manufacturers thought

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, the 2.2 diesel will most likely not have dpf issues? How come? I’ve had diesel cars in the past and had the same issue with both of them, they were other manufacturers thought
There's a big difference between Euro 5 and 6 emission systems.
Search the forum for 'oil dilution' for lots of info.

Any vehicle fitted with a DPF can have issues, but the 2.2 Euro 5 copes better with short journeys than the later E6.
Still good to give it a run every now and then for a clear-out though :)

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
The 2.2 didn’t suffer from oil dilution problems the same way as the newer 2 litre version ... the positioning of the DPF on the 2 litre has meant that if doing shorter journeys the regen isn’t complete , landrover now recommend this engine (diesel) is not used if you only do short journeys... this was not a problem on 2.2 ... go into the search on site and read through ..... oil dilution, failed regents etc ... the 2.2 is the same engine in ford transit from same age I believe

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Beat me too it Hmmmuk, 😜

Reactions: HmmmUK
1 - 10 of 10 Posts