Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
As far as I'm aware each job has a time allocated to it and an hourly rate which is quite a bit less than we get charged. If the mechanic takes longer the dealer only gets paid for the allocated time for that job.
Edited by: XZ4

·
Registered
455 Posts
XZ4 said:
As far as I'm aware each job has a time allocated to it and an hourly rate which is quite a bit less than we get charged. If the mechanic takes longer the dealer only gets paid for the allocated time for that job.

That could explain why they don't seem to get too excited about warranty work.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
ahhhh ok Spiderman i know now

I have vapour no matter ow much is in the tank or how cold it is or how cold my engine is in fact it's at every fill...... last time it looked like the car was smoking .... and the funny looks I was getting i think the others thought it was as well..... :)

thx majeric i will phone them tomorrow :)

Edited by: Angel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I have just got a 16 plate evoque from AC and this is a problem for me also and its not when tank is empty it could be half full and this happens. Is this a good enough reason to hand car back if still under warranty does anyone know. Dont feel comfy filling car up when this is happening with my child in car

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
Having read the previous posts it doesn't sound like anything to worry about, 'diesel fuel misting due to fuel temperature differences' according to the posts.

See on previous page,

"
TECHNICAL BULLETIN
LTB00979
13 SEP 2016
SECTION: 31001FuelTank and Lines
Fuel Misting When Filling The Fuel Tank

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Evoque (LV)
Model Year: 2016
VIN: 077912160599
Assembly
Plant: Halewood
INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel

Discovery Sport (LC)
Model Year: 2016
VIN: 516414628848
Assembly
Plant: Halewood
INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel
MARKETS:
Diesel Markets Only

CONDITION SUMMARY:
Situation: A Customer may express a concern that there is a misting of fuel from the fuel filler pipe during refuelling.
Cause: When the fuel is returned to the tank from the high pressure fuel system, it is deposited into the swirl pot to maintain the fuel delivery performance of the system. Recirculated fuel is hot, so it may sometimes create a mist inside the tank. When the vehicle is refuelled,the mist may escape through the filler neck and can be seen with a naked eye. Suggested Customer concern code MB6.

Action: Should a Customer express this concern, follow the service instruction below.

PARTS:
LR083491 L550 Fuel level sender and pump assembly 1
LR000966 L550 & L538 Fuel level sender and pump Seal 1
LR072234 L538 Fuel level sender and pump assembly 1
LR079272 L550 Fuel level sender and pump retaining ring 1
LR003778 L538 Fuel level sender and pump retaining ring 1
TOOLS:

WARRANTY:
NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; thosequoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to TOPIx to obtain the latest repair time.
NOTE: DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part
number with a quantity of zero. "

If you're still concerned then get the dealer to convince you it is ok.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Nothing to worry about. They nearly all do it.

Reactions: CheshireRob

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Wot he said 🖕

·
Registered
990 Posts
There you go Dsc1988, the experts have spoken and there is nothing to worry about.
Isn’t that what they said about the Space Shuttle Columbia when that lump of foam broke off on take off ?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don’t think they did the cut out properly, they hadn’t read the forum 🤔🚀

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Nothing strange about that surely Vet?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I used to work as a diesel fitter .......in an Irish lingerie shop. 😂