Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
I'd seriously question your dealers knowledge, this was a known issue/feature on the Evoque since Day 1.

To do this type of repair seems daft given the acquired knowledge that has been availble.

The mist has never troubled anyof of us.

A bigger problem has been refuelling and pump nozzles fitting the filler neck.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Your dealer needs taken into the car park, tied, bound and gagged never to sell evoques again!
He must be a new kid on the block......
Go to another dealer for clarification.....it's totally normal.......your new cold fuel is meeting the fuel that's been released out of the system into the holding pit where it is hot.....the new colder fuel
Meeting the hot "holding fuel" causes a vapour. It's just a reaction and normal to the Evoque.
Your dealer really does need to take a good look at himself - I wouldn't ask him anything else......
To a new owner it's a very reasonable question to ask and does seem worrying when you first see it, but your dealer should really have put your mind at rest.Edited by: Spiderman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

I take it everyone has the "1 click" fuel overflow issue as well then?

They had never seen that before either.

Weird thing is it's a main dealer who have been selling LR vehicles for as long as I can remember.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie questions!

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Don't be sorry - we all ask the same questions when we first get our Evo's.....that's what we at all here for

We asked the very same questions - but it's really poor that your dealer doesn't know.... Embarrassing for him....
And yes - once the fuel clicks off-don't get pulling it out a tad to add more - it will let you add more - but all over your shoes and the floor - not in the tank.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Never seen this misting on my four year old 2.2 diesel SD4 when refueling, likely because it never gets hot in Scotland

Seriously, Is this only happening on the newer 2.0 diesel engine?

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I think EK describes it happening on the first models in 2012 so don't think it's new?
It will only happen if your fuel is hot when you fill up. If you start the engine and then only travel say a mile and fill up, then it's less likely to happen. Just filled mine up as it showed "zero" miles left and watched as the "vapour" just gushed out as I filled up but got less as more fuel went in.
Still filled to the top and only took 48 litres from zero on clock to full tank - so obviously wasn't zero left when it said there was......but that's another subject we've already covered

Now shows 382 miles to empty so I'm guessing that means 450

·
10,626 Posts
colin4x4 said:
Never seen this misting on my four year old 2.2 diesel SD4 when refueling, likely because it never gets hot in Scotland

Yes it has happened to me on many occasions, I've only ever owned SD4's, not got near an Ingenium Evoque.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
colin4x4 said:

Holy ****! colin4x4, how hot do you want it to be?!?! I've been in Scotland since Thursday and it's flipping hot!

TBH though, I think the issue happens more when it's cold weather as the new fuel is colder when filling up. This would make it more likely that there would be the required temperature difference for the misting to occur.

Anyway, it's only happened a handful of times but good to hear that it's a known issue and not something to be concerned about.

CH.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
It happened for the first time (that I had noticed, anyway!) today when filling up my 6 month old Evoque.

I was a bit disconcerted at first as I've never experienced this on any other car I've had (or refilled!!), but felt 'reassured' as I'd seen this thread earlier on this forum.

Cheers,

Richard

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Watch other people's faces when they are filling up and they see the vapour coming from yours.....
One day, for a bit of fun, I'm just gonna shout "RUN" see what happens

·
Registered
518 Posts
I filled up during the week after a long drive and the "smoke" coming out of the filler was really very pronounced, quite concerning if you didn't know it was a common issue.
Was anyone informed about this from their dealer I cant recall it being mentioned during handover

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Helloi was searching through topix today, and it looks like Land Rover have finally got a "fix" for this.
Logically, it makes sense that there is mist. From a practicality point of view, i literally have to hold my breath such that i dont breath in the vapour.

going to mention this to my dealer!

TECHNICAL BULLETIN
LTB00979
13 SEP 2016
SECTION: 31001FuelTank and Lines
Fuel Misting When Filling The Fuel Tank

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Evoque (LV)
Model Year: 2016
VIN: 077912160599
Assembly
Plant: Halewood
INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel

Discovery Sport (LC)
Model Year: 2016
VIN: 516414628848
Assembly
Plant: Halewood
INGENIUM I4 2.0L Diesel
MARKETS:
Diesel Markets Only

CONDITION SUMMARY:
Situation: A Customer may express a concern that there is a misting of fuel from the fuel filler pipe duringrefuelling.
Cause: When the fuel is returned to the tank from the high pressure fuel system, it is deposited into the swirl pot tomaintain the fuel delivery performance of the system. Recirculatedfuel is hot, so it may sometimes create a mistinside the tank. When the vehicle is refuelled,the mist may escape through the filler neck and can be seen with anaked eye. Suggested Customer concern code MB6.

Action: Should a Customer express this concern, follow the service instruction below.

PARTS:
LR083491 L550 Fuel level sender and pump assembly 1
LR000966 L550 & L538 Fuel level sender and pump Seal 1
LR072234 L538 Fuel level sender and pump assembly 1
LR079272 L550 Fuel level sender and pump retaining ring 1
LR003778 L538 Fuel level sender and pump retaining ring 1
TOOLS:

WARRANTY:
NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; thosequoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to TOPIx to obtain the latest repair time.
NOTE: DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part
number with a quantity of zero.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Thanks Majeric.
Mine goes in next week, I'll add this to the list

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ahhh Spidey I thought that you enjoyed the misting effect lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the post. Went into my dealer today and being "fixed" next week. 2 1/2 hour job. The vapour is unpleasant so why breathe in anymore of this toxic world!
Service dept.fully aware of fix as being a voluntary customer request under warranty. No problems.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
on a tangent - check to tops of your a-pillar trims.

there is a service bulletin on scratched paint.
LTB00628v2 - Roof Panel Damaged By A-Pillar Trim _ TOPIx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Slightly off topic but does anyone know who picks up the bill for warranty work. I presume it is the manufacturer but does the dealer take a hit at all?

Not sure I can be bothered with the vapour fix, doesn't worry me particularly and I don't want to give them the chance to cause other issues.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
believe its charged back to land rover.

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
Yes I think Warranty work is paid by LR at a fixed pre-determined rate for each job.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts