Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have somewhat neglected my 2012 2.2L Diesel as it was last serviced in 2016 at 16,000 miles now done 24,000. We did have two cars and this Evoque was little used so I sort of forgot about it. Just booked it into an independent authorised RR service centre for a recommended Cambelt change, oil and filter change, pollen, air and fuel filter replacement at a total price of £915 inc VAT.
Does that sound a fair price?
Wasn't sure to go ahead with the Cambelt but thought better safe than sorry.
In the last couple of years it has occasionally shown the 'Gearbox Fault 2WD only' warning but it doesnt last long then goes off and all is ok. Been ok now for several thousand miles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sounds good to me. I have just booked mine in for its first service (basically an oil change) and got quotes from £450-£520. An independent near me wanted £317 but I'm a sucker for a stamp on a nearly new car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me. I have just booked mine in for its first service (basically an oil change) and got quotes from £450-£520. An independent near me wanted £317 but I'm a sucker for a stamp on a nearly new car
I agree Jon and I believe you need a dealer service to maintain the warranty which i did for the first 4 years, so had 4 services and a total mileage of 16,000 in the first 4 years!

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
211 Posts
You only need a VAT registered garage to maintain a warranty. Big companies try to scare you with saying you'll void your warranty not using them......they best learn how to change legislation too themselves!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,196 Posts
Welcome to the EOC

Yep I suppose that is about right if your indy is using genuine Land Rover parts, the cam belt and water pump kit is £250 +vat alone just for the parts!

Good luck with the service, sounds like your Evoque will benefit from a bit of tlc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts