Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Evoque (US model) came with a $750 Sirius Radio. Today I called to activate it and was told there is NO free tryout period! At $750, what a rip! If I choose to activate it, the annual fee is around $200 with a lifetime option of around $700.

I do have another vehicle with a lifetime subscription that I KNOW they will hassle me about switching to the Evoque. When I got that subscription back in '06, it was supposed to be able to switchable to 3 different vehicles in the future. About 2 years later, I called to switch it and got a load of hassle about it before they finally did switch it to another vehicle. At the time they said, I would never be able to switch again.

I can put the Evoque on a 2nd vehicle rate that is around $110 annually which I probably will do. I also have a Sirius subscription on my iPhone ($3 a month) that streams fine to the Evoque as long as I stay in "3G land" and that's what I've been doing during the 6 weeks that I've owned the Evoque. PITA though when I get out of 3G Land.

Still, for $750 you would think Range Rover would have setup a free tryout period. The Sirius Radio must be a HIGH profit item for Land Rover and the dealer.

Edited by: Starflyer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I called Sirius upon delivery of my Evo back in late Nov. and requested a free trial and was offered a 3 month free trial - while I suspended my ongoing subscription. Try again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rovermd said:
i got three months free. They thought i had a jaguar when i gave then the serial number to activate.

I got the same reply re having a Jaguar. In my area, the Range Rover dealers also sell Jaguars. A 3 month trial is chicken feed to Sirius (around $45). I was looking for a 6 month trial. I'll probably call them again next week. Or I can just suck up Sirius via my iPhone Sirius account ($3 a month). Works pretty good in populated areas (read 3G coverage).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be noted that it's a bad plan of attack to BT Sirius Radio to the Evoque radio IF you don't have an unlimited data plan. At $20 per MB and assuminga person is on the 2GB data plan, it could get VERY EXPENSIVE,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts