Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Having spoken to my dealer last week on the phone, I have just received my Evoque order form tosign and return.

However, my dealer has added a 'Silver Pack' saying that'the entire production of 3 and 5 door Evoques come withthe Silver Pack, which isPureguardpaint and fabric protection cover for 6 years at a cost of £499.

I know very well that Pureguard is an aftermarket add-on and feel that this is simply a greedy dealer trying to screw me foran extra£500.

Has anyone else come across this ? Itcertainly does not inspire me with confidence about my dealer.

PS. My estimated delivery date for a Pure TD45 door is 10 Dec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was offered Pureguard by my dealer for £349 but no suggestion at all I had to have it, and no suggestion of a 'silver pack'.

I'm encouraged to hear you have an actual delivery date - my dealer is being very very vague about delivery of my Dynamic! May I ask when you paid your deposit, might help me work out a delivery date for mine..thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks ... good feedback.

Sure, I paid £1000 deposit on 7 April, i.e. the week that the detailed prices were announced.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Every dealer I've known has tried to sell the paint protection but I'm 99.9999% sure you don't HAVE to take it. Sounds a bit like all the PPI mis-selling that's been going on! lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just ordered my Evoque with a delivery date of October, I ordered virtually all the extras and not once did anyone mention a silver pack or anything like it! Ordered mine in Cardiff. Sounds to me like there ripping you off, I would contact Land rovers main hq on

Land Rover welcomes all questions, enquiries and customer feedback.
For test drive or brochure enquiries
You can contact Land Rover Administration on:
0800 110 110.

Or write to:
Land Rover Administration
Freepost TK494
Twickenham
TW2 5UN
For service or warranty enquiries
You can contact the Land Rover Customer Service Centre on:
08705 000 500.

Or write to:
Customer Relationship Centre
Abbey Road
Whitley
Coventry
CV3 4LH
Call centre opening hours
Land Rover Administration:
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 10:00am - 4:00pm

Land Rover Customer Service:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm

Calls may be monitored and recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I am a newby so am probably posting in the wrong place. I am in the process of buying (or trying to buy) an Evoque eD4 Pure through Hunters Land Rover in Southampton. The paperwork came through last night with a massive £695 Delivery Charge and after an e-mail dialogue this seems to be covering Gard X paint and leather protection and not a lot else. Anyone know what else is supposed to be in there and whether these Gard X products are worth it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I don't know about the UK, but our delivery charges include the dealer doing the pre-delivery inspection, preparing the vehicle for you (removal of any protective films, covers, etc) as well as the cost of transporting the Evoque from the port to the dealership itself.

Leather and paint protection is a gimmick in my opinion and I would never pay anyone for this.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
jbluestone said:
Hi there. I am a newby so am probably posting in the wrong place. I am in the process of buying (or trying to buy) an Evoque eD4 Pure through Hunters Land Rover in Southampton. The paperwork came through last night with a massive £695 Delivery Charge and after an e-mail dialogue this seems to be covering Gard X paint and leather protection and not a lot else. Anyone know what else is supposed to be in there and whether these Gard X products are worth it?
Thanks.

Hi
It seems there is room for negotiation here.
So first of all are they delivering to the I.O.W.?

As for the gard X,
Each dealer seems to sell Gard X, auto diamond shiny bright, tuff topping, and any other made up name I can think of for a protection pack and makes a small fortune on it.

Todays paint is not as resistant to the elements and bird lime e.t.c. as the older paints but 'thems the current environment regulations' so we get what we get.
With that in mind, in my experience your car does definately benefit from a protective treatment but I have found there is a lot of margin in the prices they want initially. I would search for similar online products and tell them what you can buy it for on line and hopefully you'll reach a happy medium. Otherwise boot them into touch and go private.
Be warned that everyone will happily give you an opinion on which is the best stuff

As for the delivery, I'd assume you are picking it up and going back on the ferry so I don't understand what that is.

Edited by: kojak

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sounds expensive for what it is. And it won't last that long.

You could apply a number of products yourself.

Maybe a clear protection film could be a better bet?

·
Registered
653 Posts
They added the guard x to mine , £499 but that included 3 years alloys /tyre insurance also gap @£499 tell them to take it off if you don't want them

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts