Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed the rubber case on my Evoque key fob had started to lift/peel - a common problem.
3 years ago when bought my Evoque I had intended to get a key cover as the LR ones can be slippery, but I've only just got round to it after seeing the case peeling.

There are quite a few posts here about covers and also replacing the whole key case just keeping the internals - searching around it's actually slightly cheaper to get a third-party case and replace that than buying the silicone cover I went for!

But I knew this would be a quick fix so thought I would give it a try and buy a key 'shell' if this wasn't any good.

I went for this silicone key cover from Amazon at £7.61: https://amzn.to/2H7LR3c

It seems decent quality. A snug fit, but not hard to put on.
Pressing the key buttons doesn't seem affected.
So this will hold my case together, stop any further wear and might keep any water out.

If it falls apart I'll be back to update this thread :)
Photo is after a week's use.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux - Fuji white with the black rimmmms
61 Posts
I recently noticed the rubber case on my Evoque key fob had started to lift/peel - a common problem.
3 years ago when bought my Evoque I had intended to get a key cover as the LR ones can be slippery, but I've only just got round to it after seeing the case peeling.

There are quite a few posts here about covers and also replacing the whole key case just keeping the internals - searching around it's actually slightly cheaper to get a third-party case and replace that than buying the silicone cover I went for!

But I knew this would be a quick fix so thought I would give it a try and buy a key 'shell' if this wasn't any good.

I went for this silicone key cover from Amazon at £7.61: Finest-Folia LA silicone key cover for 5-button car keys: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

It seems decent quality. A snug fit, but not hard to put on.
Pressing the key buttons doesn't seem affected.
So this will hold my case together, stop any further wear and might keep any water out.

If it falls apart I'll be back to update this thread :)
Photo is after a week's use.

I just got these from AliExpress. Bit hard but hopefully will soften

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soft silicone is the way to go :)

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I had my Evoque one replaced under warranty 👍

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Me too but I swear by the cases, both the silicon ones and the leather one I have currently.
prevent scratches and any damage if dropped.

·
Super Moderator
2,540 Posts
I'm on my 3rd £5 key case, and thats after having it replaced once under warranty too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts