Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting some side steps for the Evoque.

mainly to help the kids clamber in and out rather than climb over thedoor edge strip and rubbers etc and also to help when washing it ?

also be useful when the bars and roof box are on...

so there’s a raft on eBay ranging from £100-200.

Any to particularly avoid? Anyone recommend any?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I suspect the answer you might get will be - all of them ?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,128 Posts
I had the High Flyer steps fitted to mine and the quality was good. Seelink below

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Looking at getting some side steps for the Evoque.

mainly to help the kids clamber in and out rather than climb over thedoor edge strip and rubbers etc and also to help when washing it ?

also be useful when the bars and roof box are on...

so there’s a raft on eBay ranging from £100-200.

Any to particularly avoid? Anyone recommend any?

chinese ones .....shhhh don’t spread that about

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok! Best to avoid them all and go with a someone like a recognised aftermarket parts place then?
assume no one has taken a punt on some then?
According to eBay there’s hundreds sold of each - someone must be buying them all!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I suspect the answer you might get will be - all of them ?
I didn’t mean to mislead you. There might well be perfectly (well?) good sidesteps available on EBay, it’s just that since joining this forum recently, I get the impression that the consensus is that sidesteps on the Evoque are frowned upon in general.?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't listen to the critics! If you like 'em, you like 'em and nothing should change your mind about getting side steps. They can be a Marmite accessory but personally I like the look and there is an abundant choice on line - some fit better than others though (see my arrrgh thread ;) ) but DIY is perfectly feasible if you can handle a spanner and a few swear words. Make sure you get the right model version - the Dynamic one in your link might not fit Pure / Prestige models as the brackets are very different

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m going to get some, just want some recommendations as to which fit best. I’m not fussed if it’s not to everyone’s taste, it’s more a practical thing for the kids rather than an aesthetic accessory! Theres a few websites offering returns so will just get some and if they don’t fit well, back they go (when this Coronavirus situation disappears!)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Me too! Xx one of the musts for me xx

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
That Donna is only because you are little!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Not in heels?... just had the whole family ( South Africa London Liverpool) on a house party app ... good fun

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
You just joined Donna's House party? how did you get an invite to that then-we've been freinds for ages and I never even get to drink from her buckfast bottle!!!

Donna, all depends on the height of the heels!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I fitted a set from direct 4x4 cost £139.95 good quality but had to make a very simple tool to crush the riv nuts as it broke my proper tool trying to crush them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts