Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, 28 is about right without trying to be economical.
I'm a lazy sod so I'm usually on cruise controlat about 70 plus a bit for luck and on a good run it will end up around the 28-30 mark.

Turn the dials red, put the gearsto 'S' and floor itand you'll be down to around 7!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello from Chicago,
I have a white dynamic with 20" shadow chrome wheels (black top). I have only owned it one month, but since my round trip from home to work is 90 miles, I already have registered 2200 miles on it. It is very difficult to restrain myself to drive this car in a manner that will maximize fuel economy. But having said that, here are my results: Highway alone, at 70 mph, my instant mpg monitor registers 30 miles per (us) gal. City alone, in stop and go traffic, about 21 mpg. Combined 90 mile round trip, at an average of 24 miles per hour(according to the trip computer), I am getting 23 miles per gallon. (My previous Range Rover was the '04 HSE with the BMW engine. I sold it last month, with 121,000 miles on it. It was still averaging 14 miles per gallon.) My old monthly gas expense was as much as someone's monthly car payment. Bottom line is, the money I am saving in fuel I can put towards the my payment. That's a good deal to me...and I am still driving a Range Rover Evoque which is more exciting than my old HSE.
Congratulation LR design team!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts guys. My last car was 3l Mercedes ML and I got about 28 with it. Hoped this would be better, being smaller engine and smaller car. Anyway, no worries - it is a fab car!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Read the various threads re mpg. Diesel would get you mid 30's. If fuel is even a consideration would not have gone for petrol but I bet it's even better fun than diesel

·
Registered
81 Posts
On a 50 mile run today ( mainly motorway) I managed just over 35 which is OK in my book. Happy enough with that given it is 240bhp!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's reasonable. At the end of the day the petrol version is a performance 4x4. I am still at circa mid 30's with mixed driving on a diesel auto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts