Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, need a little advice or a pointer in the right direction please.

Just got a surprise call from the dealership to say my car has been built (checked earlier in the week and was told 1st week in Feb) and can be ready to collect by end of Jan.

Should I wait till the 1st of March for the new reg or drive it as soon as possible?

I want it now but there's a part of me (very small part) that says wait for the new reg. I ordered it in May last year so the wait has been killing me, and it's not even for me, it's for my wife!

Need some reassurance please?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I shall shortly be in the same position as you, and am told that I should wait due to resale value, despite the fact that all being well I intend to keep the car around 5 years. I really don't know what to do either!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I waited till January for mine because of the effect the book drop when I eventually come to sell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had the same decision to make. Decided to go for it now as I intend to keep the car for at least 5 years so don't think there will be a great difference in it's value by then. Also selling existing car now is likely to give a better price than in March when there will be a flood of trade-ins.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have sold my car and am driving a loan vehicle, so that aspect does not effect me. If I still had it, I agree with KatyKaycd, I would get the new one as soon as it was delivered for the reasons stated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, Ok!!! You have swayed me! If the car is available before mid Feb I will take it, if not, will leave until 01 March.

The plate never had any bearing on when to take delivery, as I have a private one. I was told that on re-sale the difference could be as big as £1000, so not insignificant.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My advice is 'Get in now'. I got mine last week. No-one understands the new regs anymore anyway. Your resale will be based on the date of registration, so it will still be a 2012 with a 61 plate. This will make so little difference, it's not worth waiting in my view.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your replies.

I've decided to get it now. Still waiting for it to arrive at the dealership, I hope it comes before the weekend but as the days past by my hope slowly dwindles.

I can't believe I've waited over 9 months for this car. Has anyone waited longer?

My biggest problem now is insuring my Mini as a 3rd car. Many insurance companies offer 'multi policy' discount but this ain't what I'm looking for really. It'll be used only now and again but I don't see why I have to start a new no claims discount meaning I'll have 0 years NCD. It's so not fair coz how am I supposed to drive 2 cars at the same time? Grrrrr - insurance companies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KatyKaycd said:
Just picked my Si4 up this morning - photos on the Gallery thread. So glad I didn't wait til March.
just saw your photos in the gallery...... nice.
when did your dealer call you to say it had been built? and when did you order it? got the call last saturday and the dealership is only less than 40 miles away and i ordered the car back in may..... still waiting

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I ordered mine in August. Was originally told that delivery would be end February but got a call before Christmas to say that the build date had come forward to January 16th and the car arrived at the dealer on Tuesday this week. I went in and paid for it yesterday and collected it today!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
woohoo........ my car has arrived at the dealer. just went in before to sign the finance docs and pay the remaining deposit

so i can finally pick up the car tomorrow
. had a quick peek and she's a beauty

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not wanting you guys to give to much away but the finance deals you have at the mo. Are you paying between 3 and 4 or 4 and 5.

I only ask as i have a merc at the mo and paying between 3 and 4 per month. Just weighing up all the extra costs incurred with one of these babies.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer is doing a fab'0% finance 3 yr deal on a regular Range Rover for business users, my partner bought two. Despite that on the Evoque for me, there were no deals, no discounts at all. Although I did skip the mega waiting list and bagged a cancelled order, collecting 5 days later. Forget the cost, it's how patient you can be with Evoques. Eventually we are all going get our cars and there will be an optimum time to upgrade with max' residuals before the waiting lists dissapear. Next time I really want a pano roof!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guys when you come to sell these cars will be in such high demand, he relative difference in price will be minimal. The residuals on these cars is unreal at the mo. I pitched mine against a Merc cls, rrp within a hundred pounds of each other. The rre had a £2k ish better residual. Get your car ASAP and enjoy it whilst it's still rare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the risk of upsetting people,
I take delivery of a SD4 Pure Coupe on the 31st January. Given that I didn't walk into my local Perth LR dealer until last Monday, I can't complain at the wait. Okay, it's probably not the exact model I'd have ordered, but what the heck. It's the 190 engine mated to automatic transmission and in white. It was a cancelled order and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.Regards,
Al

1 - 20 of 24 Posts