Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called to advise that the Shadow Chrome Wheels are no longer available on any Evoque orders until further notice and that JLR are changing them to the normal finish versions and crediting people the difference (He said it was a JLR memo sent to all dealers)

Not happy but I suppose nothing I can do !

They are going to amend my order now and talk about "options" they can offer me closer to the time of delivery.

So anybody who has spec'ed them on the Evoque's going into build from today onwards expect your orders to be changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We received an e-mail this morning from our dealer informing us the same. Our order is due to be built tomorow with delivery 1st March, as you can imagine we were furious. Our dealer for some reason thought we would be delighted that we were saving ourselves £225, when we spoke to them they said that there was nothing they could do, they didn't know whether it was a safety issue or a supply issue.

We contacted JLR Head Office and asked for clarification, they informed us that it was a supply issue and that they basically run-out 3 days ago, they contacted our local dealer and I waslaterinformed that the car would get fitted with shadow chrome at the dealership, they have apparently a new demonstrator on order with shadow fitted which they are going to swap to our car. The delivery date remains 1st March.

Very disappointed with the local dealer but cannot fault Head Office who dealt with the complaint promptly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I pritty much got the same answers you got from the dealer. I told them to fit mud flaps on it instead and "look after me" so will see what else they chuck my way for changing the order at the 11th hour!

Mine is due to go to build on Friday so nothing I could do either.

Just want the car now!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Mardis Gras, the demo is brand new, not even been delivered to the dealership, so the wheels and tyres will be brand spanking new

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will this mean replacements will not be available? What happens if you damage one as my dealer told me that due to the colour process, these wheels cannot be repaired like standard alloy wheels. I will have to make sure I use my mirrors and cameras so I don't damage my shadow wheels!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm gutted,
Really really wanted these wheels, my car is not due till 1st June.
They can't take that long to make, can they?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I read this post previous to my car coming and I did think its all bad news, I had a call from my dealer (guy salmon) and they have told me my car is ready for collection (this is about 3 weeks earlier than expected).

I went to look at the car and my shadow alloys are on there,,, ordered in October! The dealer did say anything coming in now are coming in with standard wheels. They are not sure when they are back on the list to order, seems that there is a shortage based on the amount of orders with them on.

I will set up a poll to see if there is any change going forward.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts