Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have changed my order from a pure to a dynamic and have the 20"sparkle alloys selected...wanted to know if its worth paying the extra £225 for the shadow alloys...a picture of some would really help...th car is OG with verve interior........

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Bash,
Have a look at Silverburns Evoque pics, I think there is a link on the ' My O G 5 door Dynamic thread '
A Cracking motor, enjoy.

Wrecka.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think it depends on the colour of the car. I saw 20" shadow alloys on a white prestige and they paled into comparison with the shinier 20" wheels.

They are almost identical in colour to Orkney Grey and look great on that colour of a car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've picked them for my Black Evoque and seen a few knocking about with them on.. They look good but I think your right about only certain colour cars etc

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got sparkles and when they are dirty they look like shadows anyway---best of both worlds

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ve ordered the shadows on my firenze dynamic but am having second thoughts after seeing a few pictures, they seem to look smaller than the sparkles and a bit dull in comparision, also i would think they will be harder to colour match if you need to have them repaired if kerbed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, scuffed wheels may be a fact of life owning this car and I m told the shadow wheels are more difficult to refurbish.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think I will save the £200 and get the silver and am debating wether to have them repainted in black which I think will look nice against the red and black body

My girlfriend has done the same on her red cooper s and it looks great with black wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think personally the shadow wheels on white car, sparkle on darker colours. but its down to preference. i had black wheels on my last white car and had so many comments..... just stood out bit more........... i pick mine up hopefully in 9 days............ 5th delivery date ;(

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll try to make a photo with my black evoque with the shadow wheels and of my brothers one with the sparkle ones.
-edit- I had one on my phone...

Edited by: robbey

·
Registered
40 Posts
The shadows do look real good on your black Evoque

·
Registered
6 Posts
I changed my mind and went for the upgrade at the last minute before build. Really pleased I did the car looks so much better with the slightly darker finish than the cars I've seen without. Dead easy to keep looking clean too.

·
10,626 Posts
It's been said many times before, they are good looking wheels, but they look like Style 6's coated in brake dust.

They do compliment certain colours tho'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No need to agonise over this choice any more, JLR have helped those suffering from indecision by pulling the shadow chromes. Gutted as was hoping to have these on mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts