Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum and seen some interesting articles on here.
Got 19 plate Evoque - SE model - bought an ex demo from up North.
This is our second Evoque - we had a 64 SE pure tech from new with options. Traded that in last year for the 19 plate.
I need to give my car a full service and rang my local garage for a quote - £505.33 for the service. Oil change, pollen filter, brake fluid etc.
Question - Do I need to get my car serviced from them or can I go and get it done from a local garage (labour less than half the price) but still use LR original parts?
Any advice would be welcomed.
And another question if you don't mind - Has anyone experienced high revs from standstill, when putting your foot on the accelerator? Mine is automatic. It's like it is stuck in first gear and can't get out of it. Did take to garage but they couldn't find anything. Sounds like the EMS to me, but garage saying it isn't. If anyone has come across this before please let me know your experience and did it get resolved?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,989 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It's worth putting your Evoque year and spec in your profile:)

Lots of previous posts on servicing! Try the forum Search.
For me saving a bit of money on such an expensive car doesn't make sense. Along with problems for some garages to reset the service indicator and OSH! LR also often help more if it's stayed in the group. But to answer your question, no you don't have to use a main dealer.

Re. High revs.
You haven't said if it's petrol or diesel. Again see previous posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts