Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having decided a while back not to see or drive an Evoque until collection, I finally gave in yesterday, and with nothing better to do popped into an open dealership. I nosed around for a while, there was one guy with customers and a receptionist.
A second salesman walked over and started chatting to the receptionist while he made himself a coffee. He then walked straight past me to his desk without any acknowledgement. I waited to no avail, then walked up and asked if he could open the tailgate on a coupe so I could see the luggage space.

After pressing the button without successhe said that all the batteries must be flat on the showroom models. I suggested that perhaps there was an emergency entry handle, as what if you needed to enter the vehicle in an emergency and the battery was flat.

Instead of investigating this possibility, he just said "dunno" and went to sit down. I said how about one of the two demo vehicles outside?

"Oh yeah" he said, waved a key through the showroom window and told me to go out and look.

He then sat back down.

I have ordered elsewhere, but is this really representative of the standard of LR representatives.

He didnt know I had alreadybought a car and made no effort whatsoever to attempt to sell me one. I hope to God servicing is an improvement.

Di

·
Registered
31 Posts
Perhaps you should tell us which dealer gave you this wonderful attention so that the rest of us can go elsewhere!! My wife and I received this kind of attention from a Nissan dealer when looking for a small car for her - we have ordered an Opel.Graham

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe we should name and shame dealers that give poor service. Or would we get in trouble ??? Also sing the praises of the good ones !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had some great service today at my local dealer.
I had arranged a test drive with the salesman I have been talking to for about 3.30pm. I arrived at about 3.20pm, he was with a customer.

Excused himself from the customer, stating I had a pre-arranged appointment, told me he would be no more than 5 mins and showed me to the waiting area. Ok I think, I am early.

5 minutes later, he is back, tells me his customer is going to be approx another 15 mins, then smiled, gave me the keys to a 5 door prestige with lux pack, and said see you in about 20 minutes, no licence request or anything.

I was a happy bunny and had a very good 20 minutes out on my own

Very trusting!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I prefer not to name and shame publically, and it is a no no on another motoring site I frequent. There are two sides to every story and I may have been unlucky in that I caught a young
inexperienced Sunday salesperson, although that shouldn't be an excuse.

I have, howeversent an email to the DP, not specifically to complain, more to make him aware that he could be losing business.

Touch wood the dealer I am buying through in Stoke has been very good, albeit he hasn't confirmed whether my car is one of the delayed ones. Currently I still have 2nd November as pick up day, fingers crossed.

Di

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had great service from Hillendale on the M65 near Burnley. Anyone else using them ?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
For my BMW I travelled further to a different dealer as my local one was v.poor on servicing etc.

I now see that they've been taken over by the same group I travel further to so things might improve now I'm about to leave BMW!

I've seen other forums that have a dealer review section but then also seen ones that have had complaints and threats of legal action from the offending dealers..

Anyway, back to the original post, fingers crossed your dealer is one of the good ones, and there are good ones about!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just taken delivery of my Dynamic SD4 Coupe, with Dynamic Plus seat in Orkney Grey. Very lucky as only scoured the dealers following my 9th Sept LR eve test drive in Newbury.
Anyway, long story short, besides absolutely loving the new car and all that LR seem to represent, I'm rather a fan of my local Lancaster LR dealer in Reading where I've had my previous Sport's serviced and will be doing with the Evoque. However, bought the car from Wayne at Stratstone LR in Bury, Nr Manchester, who to be to the point was excellent and worth a call if still looking for your car, as he also had a Silver and White available for immediate delivery (last week!) having been given extras unexpectantly by LR!
On another note, anyone got a nice old Landie (S3 or S2 or 300tdi) they want to sell as will need another 4x4 to make up the slack (space!) now my bigger Sport's gone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Verducchi said:
However, bought the car from Wayne at Stratstone LR in Bury, Nr Manchester, who to be to the point was excellent and worth a call if still looking for your car, as he also had a Silver and White available for immediate delivery (last week!) having been given extras unexpectantly by LR!
Coupe or 5 Doors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Coupe's. Silver, Dynamic Auto Sd4 with Dynamic Plus and White Prestige Nanual SD4, not sure on rest of spec as stopped listening when manual was mentioned. Give him a call!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts