Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a complete newbie on this forum so hello to all, I have a question I am sure you have covered before but because I’m a bit slow could I ask again, i recently purchased a 19 plate pre new model evoque from a main dealer, just before they closed due to this virus, My question is servicing the dealer says 21k the car says different it’s done 5k and the service indicator says due in 11k which indicates to me it’s still set up for the old regime, the dealer told me the £499 service plan is no longer available, is that correct?, and just in case they are correct is the first 21k service interim or full service, to be honest I’m beginning to wish I’d kept my 63 plate low mileage free lander, thanks for your help, regards .Neil.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,071 Posts
Assuming you have a 2 litre diesel then yes 2 years or 21000 miles is the schedule but few make it to that due to oil dilution. Mine needed an oil change at about 9000 miles. It has been mentioned on here that the service plan is no longer an option.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
21k/2 years is the maximum service interval for the Ingenium diesel (it's worth putting your vehicle spec in your forum signature as it helps with answers). If you are referring to the 2.2L diesel as the 'old regime' - that's just a coincidence on your vehicle. The countdown will change depending on your 'driving style'. i.e. Short journeys are bad...

As you've probably seen in the forum, due to 'oil dilution' where diesel gets into the engine oil, the car will ask for an early oil service - not many people make it to 21k!

LR have reintroduced their service plans, but looking at the prices ~£1800 it doesn't look worth it to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello
Thank you for your help, it’s made things clearer, I wanted to service it before the 21 k anyway as I will be towing eventually, once I have a tow bar fitted, any recommendations,I imagine the 11k the car is showing will do me for a few months, probably as most people it is just a drive ornament at the moment, is the first service interim or has the service regime changed with the new engine, regards again.
Neil.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
I don't think there's such a thing as 'interim'. You will/might get the early oil service request as I've mentioned.

If you look at the OSH (Online Service History) Land Rover it will give you more details.
For me it just shows pre-delivery inspection then all the normal services.

If you search the forum you should find a few recent threads on tow bar fitting :)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
I do believe the mileage countdown goes down daily even if the car is sat on the drive.
Yes, it reduces the mileage to service even if it's not used as the 'time' element is reducing.
I believe some people do see it extend as well though if they start doing longer trips etc.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Hmmm is correct, mine used to increase depending on journeys but likewise the "time element" does reduce as stated regardless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The old freelander was a lot simpler, and it looks like a lot cheaper to run, got caught out with the additional road fund or government charge, the dealer quiet rightly put down the road fund charge, leaving the buyer (me) to check out the rest, nice car can’t wait to drive it.
Regards again Neil.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Re service, I have the car serviced every 2 years and have an oil & filter change the years in-between, irrespective of mileage (I only do around 6k a year).
Its a small price cf the cost of the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oil Dilution.
At 6%, which is where service notification gets to 0 miles, is the equivalent of pouring 390 ml of diesel into the engines oil system. Nearly 3/4 of a pint.
At 10%, which I believe a service update changed the software to, is equivalent to having 650 ml of diesel added to the oil in the engine.
No chance of ever having to top up the engine oil, unless there’s a pool on the drive.
Personally, would rather have 100% oil in the sump.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hi Neil, Welcome to the forum & the strange world of JLR Evoques.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buzz you are absolutely spot on, a very strange world, nearly traded in the landy in for Touareg, hindsight is a wonderful thing, regards to all again, it looks like this forum which I found totally by accident is going to be a godsend.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
You'll certainly be praying to God if you get caught up with some of the miscreants on here (veteran, XZ4, Donna, Bazz etc)
Stick with me, follow my lead and you will be just fine
By the way, Welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked mine up a month ago, and paid £799 for a two service plan, only working out at £200 a year. I figured I've just paid a lot of cash for the car, why try to cut corners for the sake of a few quid when it comes to servicing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello thank you for your reply, I am a new evoque owner, less than a month, I wanted a service plan as you said no point in cutting corners on a 40k plus car, could you please tell me who you got your plan from, the main dealer I purchased it from said one was not available, the price you got seems very good and I will take one out if I can, anybody got any idea how much an oil and filter change at main dealer would be, only 6k on the clock but it’s a year old so would prefer to get one done now. Regards and thanks for all your help. Neil.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,071 Posts
@Lugworm & @Neil.iveson . Could you put your cars details in your signature so members know how to answer any queries you have. Thanks

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO READS THIS AND HASN'T DONE IT ?

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Done Mine, can I have a sweet please?:LOL:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts