Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sure I've read somewhere Tesla's have poor build quality and reliability, too rich for me anyhow although full EV intrigues me

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
My son and I are going for a test drive in one soon. He says he's having a Model 3 ludicrous performance model when he moves back to the UK later this year.
I probably shouldn't ask...
Is that the 'VPN' son?

Your previous thread got locked - but even after all this time I see things still look very strange!?!
https://www.fortifyvpn.com/pricing
https://www.fortifyvpn.com/support
and much more.

I was shot to pieces but it looks like my concerns were right.
I'm sure lots of money was made but...

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts
Might look strange to you Hmmm but it's going from strength to strength and is certainly not didgy. Totally legit.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Would you be happy as a paying customer if support and contact links all failed?!
I'm sure money is being made, but most of us would like the website for a paid service to work!
Obviously you're biased, but not blind.

I'll leave things here.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
As I see it, this is purely a glitch with the server, I have read reviews on this product and they are all (99.9%) glowing in their approval.
All sites have ongoing issues from time to time--Think Landrover!!!!! , try and build a new merecedes-not happening anytime soon,
I think a little more expoloration before critisism is required.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
I think a little more expoloration before critisism is required.
The 'server glitch' has been on-going since February!

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
You should try logging into my company website,
Lighten up Hmmmuk, search and read the reviews-all is good.
at the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't buy it-simples.

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Serena Williams had a server glitch yesterday, happens to the best of them?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Land Rover finance people still have the GMFV at the end of a PCP higher for a diesel than petrol Evoque, despite the petrol car costing a couple of hundred more at the beginning - ie the finance houses think the petrol Evoque will depreciate more than diesel over the next three years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And that’s my dilemma
Most dealers seem to question that you are interested in petrol and point out that diesels are still the best option for the car with stories of very low mpg on petrol but my concern is that our journey types are shorter rather than longer at around 7500 per year
Maybe I’m being over cautious based on some people’s past experiences, to be honest my current diesel did need an early oil change but over 4 years to date has been well behaved.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought a new P250 Evoque last June and it has now done 7000 miles and I was wondering when the first service is due. I cannot find anything on Google and I even had to resort to looking in the manual! It said under "Menu"/"Vehicle Info" there is a "Next Service" option, but there isn't. I expect if I contact a dealer they will say "bring it in", but does anyone know if it is overdue or I will get an indicator at say, 10,000 miles?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm around the same age car-wise as you.
Simple answer is now every 2 years for the petrols (On the MY20).
I had a look at a service plan that was being touted about and that says every 2 years for the latest petrols.
The plan was for 3 services over the next 6 years at around £640 per service which is nonsense especially as I won't be keeping it that long.

Get into the main menu with just the ignition on and not the engine.
It's one of the things that only shows with ignition only.
I think it's under vehicle info and it will show the mileage to next service.
It will probably coincide with the car being 2 years old as it can only do mileage based on current usage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know it’s 2yrs or ? but not sure of the mileage 16000 seems to ring a bell

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It's 21,000 miles.
The previous petrol was 12 months or 16,000 miles .............I think.
Here's the service plan for mine which I keep to laugh at.
Screenshot_2020-06-02 Land Rover Service Plans - Land Rover UK(1).png

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks all. I tried with just the ignition on and the button shows "OK" rather than menu, so there must be another way. I will keep looking but it's not quite as urgent now!

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts

The individual service costs for the P250 are in my post here (see link)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thanks all. I tried with just the ignition on and the button shows "OK" rather than menu, so there must be another way. I will keep looking but it's not quite as urgent now!
You will have to go through a few "OK's" until you can access the menu.
Various things will come up on the screen that need an "Ok".
Keep pressing it.
:)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts