Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
There appear to be two versions available - early and late models so just make sure before you order.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hmm, so it seems it’s a type C for 2019>

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So if your model has the same mirrors as my 2016 (Type C) then you are probably ok (y) But apparently Powerful UK do not have the Type C version :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fitted a set of these some months ago along with sequential rear indicator/lights. They are more noticeable because of the sweeping action, and look pretty cool being smoked. My rears came from Germany - £250 the pair - but the brake light does interfere with the DAB radio which is annoying, so have to listen in FM. Still trying to find a solution to that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You might be able to fit a ferrite core choke which might improve the interference problem.
Have to got a link to the lights? I can feel my bank account quivering but I really like this feature :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion RM - tried the ferrite cores but didn’t make any difference.
Will try and get a link for the lights later. They were on ebay, but can only see more expensive ones at the moment.
So much stuff to do on these cars 🤑.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RM, here's a link to the rears, but don't seem to be doing smoked in his listings - you could message him. If you scroll down in the listing it shows an illustration of them working - look even better in real life. There's a switch behind the lights so you can turn the sweeping feature off - don't know why you would though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thanks Rob - I am soooo tempted to get these. Not sure if Mrs R will be as keen and my new side markers (to replace the air vents) haven't arrived from Germany yet.
Get behind me Satan ..... er ....eBay :devilish:

I might look into cracking the original lights open and converting the existing indicators somehow - what could possibly go wrong :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guess if I totted up all I’d spent on mine since acquiring her (the car, not the wife) it’d be quite frightening - actually - no, better not go there.
I am retired though, so surely exempt from any reasoning.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My daughter has a Peugeot RCZ - some led’s had failed in the 3rd brake light. At £170 for a new one I decided to have a go at mending it. Bought a bright red led strip off eBay and opened the unit with a dremel and ‘hot knife’. Glued it back up and sealed with silicone - you’d never know, works a treat.
Think you’d be better having a go with a spare rear light first, if you can find one cheap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have done similar things in the past - converted a Mini to LEDs all round, and a Lexus Soarer. I just love taking things apart I suppose! :p
Your idea about finding a 'cheap' light to practise on would be ok except that my facelift lights fetch about £100 in damaged form! Good ones are up to £200 EACH, which makes the ones in your link quite inviting. I could even sell the originals and come out on top!

·
Registered
455 Posts
My daughter has a Peugeot RCZ - some led’s had failed in the 3rd brake light. At £170 for a new one I decided to have a go at mending it. Bought a bright red led strip off eBay and opened the unit with a dremel and ‘hot knife’. Glued it back up and sealed with silicone - you’d never know, works a treat.
Think you’d be better having a go with a spare rear light first, if you can find one cheap.
I think I might have spotted you on the RCZ forum. If not, someone else did exactly the same thing with the third brake light.
I have been a member on there for the last 6 years...

2D408964-4C01-47E5-A954-42C965E6D827.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's one to practice on with a cracked lens.
To be honest, I think those ones from Germany are going to be pretty hard to beat - you can buy the yellow flowing led strips, but I don't think they'll look as half as good.
You seem very capable, so might prove me wrong ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think I might have spotted you on the RCZ forum. If not, someone else did exactly the same thing with the third brake light.

T'was me indeed - RC61ZZZ - my daughters reg.

View attachment 4818
View attachment 4818

View attachment 4818

·
Registered
455 Posts
I‘m still looking for the mirror repeaters for the MY20 models. All the others are already “dynamic” it’s just the mirror ones that are static. 🤔

·
Registered
35 Posts
I‘m still looking for the mirror repeaters for the MY20 models. All the others are already “dynamic” it’s just the mirror ones that are static. 🤔
Might be worth taking a mirror casing off to have a look at the indicator light unit?
Might be the same as earlier ones.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts