Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an SD4 Auto Dynamic in Black and gota provisional delivery date of Sept 2012. This allocation system sucks !!!

I assume ringing JLR customer services has no effect to get yourdelivery bumped up the calendar
Regards

Rob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Order: SD4 Auto 5 Door Dynamic In Black with Privacy Glass & Auto DimRear View Mirror

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much rob I ordered mine last week and have been told 7 months it seems to be the way at the minute! At least you will have the new 62 reg!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 Months wait time is just pants. as for a 62Reg not really that fussed as the car will have a cherished plate on it anyway :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Trying to make the wait sound worth it, there doesnt seem a way to jump the queue unless a lot of people before you cancel!? private plate going on mine aswell.

Or you could buy a used one then?Edited by: Chunk

·
Registered
468 Posts
We all have to wait and 6 months is about average althoughn it does seem to depend on what allocation the garage you go to has. The more they sell the bigger allocation they seem to get whch can mean you get your motor a bit sooner.
If you don't want to wait then pay over the odds for a second hand one, the choce is yours

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
mgxtreme said:
Ordered an SD4 Auto Dynamic in Black and gota provisional delivery date of Sept 2012. This allocation system sucks !!!

I assume ringing JLR customer services has no effect to get yourdelivery bumped up the calendar
Regards

Rob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Order: SD4 Auto 5 Door Dynamic In Black with Privacy Glass & Auto DimRear View Mirror
Rob, to be honest you don't stand a snowballs chance, ringing JLR, we've got forum members still waiting for their cars which were ordered before the launch and at launch.

I'd say 7 months is about the norm at the moment, though there have been rumours that the factory is upping production, but demand is still high for this model, so long waits are inevitable.

My wait is 9 months and cant see that coming forward by more than a month.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I agree I'm afraid Sept looks about right from reading others orders on here. 62 Reg would maybe affect the 2nd hand price when you came to sell it. If it helps I read in AutoExpress that the Skoda Yeti has something like a 6 month wait too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
they are putting on a third shift at halewood possibly april shutdown or more than likley in july, demand is huge for this evoque and everyone is working flat out to keep up with the demand, hang on in there it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just about to order my Evoque and they said it will be ready for 1st September 2012 but no guarantees.

Were in the same boat together !!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and been given an estimated date of 13th September. I'd rather them take their time and make it properly then rush to get them made and have more reliability issues or faults!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dont hold your breath guys as I ordered start of Dec 11, with a delivery June / July... guess what, it has just been put back to September... so if you have ordered yours recently and it does turn up in Sept then look at that being a good result.
They have even taken to putting sheeting up around the compound at the factory so you cannot see how many are sat there waiting to go out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Waiting for God said:
Dont hold your breath guys as I ordered start of Dec 11, with a delivery June / July... guess what, it has just been put back to September... so if you have ordered yours recently and it does turn up in Sept then look at that being a good result.
They have even taken to putting sheeting up around the compound at the factory so you cannot see how many are sat there waiting to go out.
Have yo been told why? taht sounds like a huge delay, unless the dealership were not being honest with you when you ordered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Told it is due to the allcations from the factory, one month they had 24 delivered and then the next month the factory only sent them 4.At this moment in time I do not know if I am prepared to wait even longer....... I would not mind though as thought that ordering mine at the garage closest to the factory would be a bonus... apparently not..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered mine in Nov11, the date given was 24th April.Just now got e-mail that it will be complere within 2 week

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great news Tan... you will have to let us all know if it is worth the wait.

I just hope that the additional shift they have taken on starts to have a positive effect on delivery times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts