Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be selling my Oct 2014 Dynamic (with 40K miles) in a couple of months, & out of curiosity had been checking what it would get on WeBuyAnyCar.
I know they only give a "base" price, & mine is pretty much fully loaded, but have been interested to see their valuations gradually creep up - wonder if its anything to do with the chip shortages?

Screen Shot 04-30-21 at 08.47 PM.PNG

At this rate it should hit 20K by July :cool:
(Oh, & I've already changed the plate back to a "64" so you probably wont be able to find it anymore on plate searches)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I would keep it until next year & you should be able to do a straight swap for a new one 🤔😀👍

Reactions: restyler and PhilB

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
213 Posts
The price of 2nd hand cars has gone up recently due to dealerships being closed. They reckon come the full reopening, June to August that it will then push 2nd prices back down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I keep getting emails saying the value of my mini has increased from webuyanycar

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,563 Posts
There's a shortage of good used vehicles just now , hence the increased prices.

Reactions: restyler

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our mini has increased buy 1K in two months

Reactions: restyler

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Mine is open to offers over £55k 🤔🤞

Reactions: Mable and XZ4

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I would have taken £50k last week 🤣

Reactions: XZ4 and PhilB

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Instant profit 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Over on the F-Type forums recently there's been a JLR dealer looking for stock.
People are also saying they have had their dealers contacting them asking if they wish to sell.
Looks like a shortage of stock and/or they are anticipating people splashing out after lockdown ?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I refer to my posts above ⬆ 😃

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
333 Posts
We buy any car are offering me £22,675 for my 2017 HSE Dynamic Lux with 41,000 miles.
Guess I won't be making a quick profit lol

I wonder if the price is affected by location too....

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
WBAC are highway robbers.

I had to sell my brothers almost new BMW 4 series when he passed away. It was either wait for probate which was going to take months and continue paying the exorbitant premiums he was paying in his HP or sell. (by the time I found out about all this there was already a couple of grand in arrears. I wasn’t allowed to sell privately because of probate, but they would allow me to sell via WBAC. They offered me nearly 5k less than the settlement figure with the finance company so I had to sell the car & pay out over 4K.
The car was in showroom condition but when I took it in, they literally spent 40 minutes examining the car & then knocked the price down by nearly £600 for “minor blemishes that they would have to sort”.
They pointed out a stone chip on the front bumper that I couldn’t even see without my glasses on. It would have very easily polished out, but the guy reckoned he would have to repaint the bumper 😱
I finally got them down to @ £400 less than their offer price.
If I’d had any choice I wouldn’t have left it with them, but circumstances meant I had to.

I would only use WBAC as a very very last resort.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
333 Posts
I've only sold one car to them, it was a black Audi A4 2.0Tdi S-Line, 54 plate with reasonable mileage on it and in pristine condition.
Only problem was it drank more coolant than it did fuel. Light came on during a trip to Stornoway and kept topping it up for the week I was there and drove straight to Audi when I got home. They did some investigating but wasn't any of the obvious things (EGR cooler, water pump etc) no coolant leaking and no white smoke so the water was just disappearing and the next step was them taking the head off...at Audi prices....so told them not to bother, paid for the investigating they had done and said would collect the car at some point in the week. Booked WBAC for what was actually a reasonable price, picked the car up from Audi and drove it the less than a mile to WBAC, guy looked round in the rain, drove it round their car park, knocked £50 off for a small scuff on one wheel that was barely noticeable and I was on my way.
Felt bad for a bit that who ever got that car was getting something that was potentially going to be a money pit but it is still on the road, still being MOT'd so someone probably got a bargain from what ever garage bought it from auction.

Since then I just go onto WBAC for a laugh ever so often :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
One other point with WBAC, it’s very easy to get a price, but get ready for 100’s of emails from them over the coming months, pestering you to sell & advising of price changes to your cars value.

I even got them for the BMW after we had sold it to them !

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, MY20 R Dynamic HSE, Volvo 850R
2,506 Posts
WBAC quoted 19.5k for our 65 plate HSE D Lux with 55k miles, dealer reluctantly matched it but said just recently WBAC have been offering more than the dealers could get near

New car imminent, watch this space

·
Registered
74 Posts
6 weeks ago, just out of interest, I got a valuation for my Evoque from Motorway.
Today I received an email from them saying the value had changed.... it's increased by a whopping £800! So the good news is it's appreciating by c. £20 / day....although the price offered was completely pants as expected!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts