Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im new to the forum - picked up my 2016 evoque last week. And already a little issue!

Normally, when you turn the ignition on any seats with the seatbelt done up should show as green on the dashboard display and any with people in them but no seatbelt done up should show as red.

However! For me, the rear passenger side light is stuck on green the entire time - whether the seatbelt is done up of whether there is anyone in the seat at all.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Harry

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I assume you have tried putting the seatbelt in and out of that fastener to see if it sorts itself out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you have tried putting the seatbelt in and out of that fastener to see if it sorts itself out?
Hi DK - yep have tried this. Any playing around with the seatbelt has no affect on the light - it always shows as green. The other seatbelt lights work correctly.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I assume there's a weight sensor in the seat pad, worth checking that out?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Possibly something stuck in the buckle ... wee tap ,cotton buds clean and spray with silicone... it might of pushed something down into it when last used.. before pulling things apart after you have cleaned disconnect battery and this will re set.... the simple things first .... ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would have thought there must be more than a weight sensor in the seat, that would tell it there is someone sat there but not if the belt was fastened or not. Mine has 5 green dots, try fastening a rear seat belt without sitting in it and see if it goes red. If it does try Donnas good tips above.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would have thought there must be more than a weight sensor in the seat, that would tell it there is someone sat there but not if the belt was fastened or not. Mine has 5 green dots, try fastening a rear seat belt without sitting in it and see if it goes red. If it does try Donnas good tips above.
Yes, need BOTH sensors to be functioning properly for the system to work. But as Donna suggests a reset is worth a try, JLR software is pretty unreliable IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses. Finally got around to investigating further today. Worked out how to get the bench seat out, unplugged the offending seatbelt sensor, applied some Vaseline, reconnected - works good as new!

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Vaseline, the worlds wonder product!!!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That sounds like the voice of experience there Maffy, maybe you shouldn’t elaborate 😱

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Nothing strange or weird (Mind you, depends what you might think is strange or weird-LOL)
a world beating product--Sooooooooooooooooooo useful. (3,000 Sheep can't all be wrong !)

Reactions: XZ4
1 - 12 of 12 Posts