Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat angle adjustment, which is operated by the front end of the seat base switch has given up the ghost.

I'm left with up and down, back and forward and seat back angle. Not sure if it is the switch or the motor, but I'm not at all happy.

Off to the dealer on Monday....
If it isn't a simple switch problem I'll expect a new seat.

Not good enough at all on a 18 month old car. This is significant fault 4:
  1. Cracked screen
  2. Battery charge software
  3. Traction control computer fault
  4. Seat adjustment fault.
Beginning to wonder if buying the Evoque was a good idea.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes but I truly hope you are the exception

Good luck getting sorted

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
jenkspj - don't be like that! You know buying the Evoque was a fab idea! You love your Evoque and don't be put off by a minor issue that is bound to be easily resolved.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evoque Down Under said:
jenkspj - don't be like that! You know buying the Evoque was a fab idea! You love your Evoque and don't be put off by a minor issue that is bound to be easily resolved.
EDU, you should have simply written "don't be an Idiot, Jenks"...

I have a Dynamic with Lux pack, not Lux pack plus.
The standard seats are 6 way adjustable, the high back ones that come with the "plus" pack have 7 way seats, the additional adjust is seat pan angle....
We all know this, but JLR doesn't as the hand book clearly states that all electric seats are 7 way

Clearly I was having a bad day.
Apologies to all....

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
jenkspj said:
Clearly I was having a bad day.
Apologies to all....
Forgiven!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my drivers seat adjustment forward/back is not working, it clicks when you move the button but nothing happens and memory wont move it back either. All other settings work up, down ect. Would this be the switch or fuse, or worse? My husband is not happy as much taller than me and I'm a lot shorter, so he cannot get in it let alone drive it, so any help please

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Fuse?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hi Mini, putting your car's details in your signature would be helpful for this and future questions on this excellent forum.
Welcome, by the way.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Well done. (y) (y) (y)

I'm sure that you will find this to be a very helpful ( and sometimes mad, but no names mentioned!!) forum.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Surely you can't mean little old me CB?

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Unlikley a fuse if the other positions are working and you get a clicking in that position, unfortunately its probably a motor or gear linkage that's gone faulty.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
True Philskill-sorry a senior moment-couldn't be a fuse as everything else working-shame on a fairly recent motor though.
be interesting to see what the cure is though.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I can certainly name them if you like-this is a plea bargain.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Guilty as Charged M'lord.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, we did look underneath the seat as best we could with the seat stuck so far forward and could not find anything obvious. So off to the dealer it went and result was connection had come out ! All sorted for £93. (that did inc sorting out the auto windscreen wipers, as they had decided to stop being automatic!!)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks for posting the solution 👍

1 - 19 of 19 Posts