Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just obtained SDD and have used it to reset the service message on my 66 playe my17 se tech.......all Went ok but I now have the orange engine warning light on. I’m new to the SDD Topix software so thought I’d ask before diving in lol.......can anyone help and give me info as to how I read the codes with sdd and hopefully clear them to clear this engine warning light..All help appreciated

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi, Can you confirm what have you used with SDD? Magnoose? (feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose it here).

You can run diagnostics under the engine and choose any option 'cold engine hesitation' and it should read the codes for you. If the code is noting serious then delete it.

How to delete:
Go to pre-delivery inspection and there is an option 'clear fault codes' and run that. Hopefully, it should clear the orange warning light (if it was not serious). And if its a serious issue, then you should pay attention to the logged codes.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Is the amber light not a DPF warning light saying it needs a re gen.... ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Reactions: Donna and rawpilot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for your reply
I’m totally new to diagnostics with SDD so any help is really appreciated. Is there any instructions out there or training guides for it ?
Anyway.... I needed to reset my service required message which it did no problems and I then did a ‘check DPF fluid level’.....it returned a fault of ADBLU OVERFILL....remove excess fluid and retry’ this is when the orange engine light came on and stayed on. I tried to read and clear codes which it did but the light remained as did the code......I’m using Mongoose.
Mat

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Mat,
my car hasn't got AD BLU so cannot comment on that. You may have to search forums.

In regards to clearing the fault codes, when you connect Magnoose to your car, does it give you other errors (as some cheap magnoose do and errors are stability control fault, DCS fault and so on) and in those cases, magnoose may not be able to delete these codes.

Also, do you mind sharing which model of magnoose interface you bought and from where, as it will give me some idea as to whether its magnoose fault (unable to delete the code) or there are additional steps required?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
I’ve no idea what version mongoose...how do I Find out ?
Bought eBay
Oh and your instructions worked ! Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi
I’ve no idea what version mongoose...how do I Find out ?
Bought eBay
Oh and your instructions worked ! Thanks
Do you mind sharing the item number? As mine is giving me grief.

Re: reverse mirrors dip, normally they are on canbus if you have memory seats. If you car is not equipped with it and you use SSD, then it will add the option on the odometer. You can activate and see if it works. I doubt though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve just obtained SDD and have used it to reset the service message on my 66 playe my17 se tech.......all Went ok but I now have the orange engine warning light on. I’m new to the SDD Topix software so thought I’d ask before diving in lol.......can anyone help and give me info as to how I read the codes with sdd and hopefully clear them to clear this engine warning light..All help appreciated
Hi Mat,
my car hasn't got AD BLU so cannot comment on that. You may have to search forums.

In regards to clearing the fault codes, when you connect Magnoose to your car, does it give you other errors (as some cheap magnoose do and errors are stability control fault, DCS fault and so on) and in those cases, magnoose may not be able to delete these codes.

Also, do you mind sharing which model of magnoose interface you bought and from where, as it will give me some idea as to whether its magnoose fault (unable to delete the code) or there are additional steps required?
Hi again
I had to do a complete can bus reset to clear the orange engine light but I have just tried to do another ad blu level check and the dam light is back on again.....I seem to find the reset all modules that I used before ....any ideas where this option is hidden ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you mind sharing the eBay item number? As mine is giving me grief.
Works on mutual respect mate. Still waiting for your response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts