Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the few lucky people to get excellent customer service from LR head office and was given a Pure for 6 weeks before my Dynamic with lux pack arrived. They were both similar, coupes and manual (and both White). The pure had a tech pack, pan roof, park assist, 19" wheels and power tailgate. It arrived with 4000 miles having been registered in June and even 1/2 a tank of Diesel. I previously had an Audi TT and other half has a Disco. So when I first drove it I couldn't decide if it was a sports car or 4x4 which is the whole point of it. It handled well in the corners, but not as nimble as the TT and felt slower, but more luxurious. Had a really funny moment on the way home from the dealer when a group of teenagers walked in front of the car to cross the road and one walked into the front bumper staring at it
. I found the size and visibility odd at first and wished to have the surround cameras, but after a couple of weeks felt really happy and whilst I like the cameras on mine, they are really not essential. I loved the screen and what it did and glad I could get used to it and was surprised by the even more menus when I got my Dynamic. I think the pure is excellent value. In comparison, the extras for the money of the Dynamic are probably not sensibly worth it, but I wouldn't change what I have - I love the styling, light up tread plates, keyless entry, verve colour way (although feel a bit disappointed by leather quality) and of course puddle lights. The most noticeable difference on driving the dynamic, it felt lower when I got in and the adaptive dynamics made a big difference to getting the TT feel for handling. I went for the two seats in the rear when I blindly ordered last Jan, and the pure had the bench which I actually think is better with a centre armrest, I think they needed to have that in between the two seat option. I noticed no difference moving to 20" wheels in terms of the ride. Hope this helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts