Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's mine after its first wash today........................

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stunning car, clean interior most beautiful wheels

congrats

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliments Irishred,
I still find it hard to believe that the Pure is the "entry" level Evoque and yet with a fewextraslooks so good compared to the base models in other ranges (such as Q5 and Kuga's etc).

I have had at least 5 people guessing the cars value at over 40K, yet it cost just over 31.5K, which I think is very reasonable for what you get as standard?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very nice and the extas just finish it off - almost a bargain at just over £30k! I think the 20" wheels just look right on an evoque unless you are one of this who bang on about getting a harsher ride than 18 or 19 inchers (boring). Like the interior not sure how it would fare with my kids tho. How you liking the manual gearbox?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silverburn, Thanks for the compliments.
I don't notice any problems or issues at all with the 20" wheels,although when I ordered themI thought that there may be a trade off between the look and the ride, but they are fine.

I have 3 kids, but will be getting some cheap covers to be used whenever anyone comes near the car with damp denim jeans or the like.

As for the gearbox, if I am totally honest, it is not the best I have used. First gear is very short and is literally to get you moving. However, other posts on the forum state that this is for economy and I suppose it would help in certain off road situations. Also, I have tried to go from 6th to 5th a few times and ended up in 3rd as it seems to be slightly offset, but I don't know if this is just me after driving a Punto for a month, but I am getting used to it now.

Still, if thats the only slight negative I have (and it is very slight) then thats fine by me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Totally agree about 1st gear been caught out a few times with it makes a quick getaway a nightmare. I know it's not a sportscar but have been suitably embarrassed by some pretty crap cars due to the quick change needed into second. I know the auto would not have same problems but got a manual for a whole load of reasons over the auto so not going to moan about it now. Have fun and enjoy it, especially whilst they a still a relatively rarity on the roads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biker,.
I didn't choose any packs at all. Simply the spec in my signature.

For me the Evoque was such a huge step up from my previous cars that i didnt feel the need to add anything that I had never had before (and would therefore not miss).

Of course I would have loved all of the goodies, but I have my own little "Halfords-Rule". This is when I look at an option for a car (such as in-built sat-nav) and think If it were in Halfords how much would I be willing to pay for it. I personally wouldnt pay thousands for sat-nav when a tom-tom or Garmin is a few hundred etc......

However, I would pay £900 for 20" Alloys, ? for panoramic roof, ? for privacy etc.........

·
Registered
134 Posts
ceebee very very nice indeed, any chance to see its arse ? cirrus colour looks very nice, i ordered the almond looking forward to finialy getting mine fingers crossed in 2 weeks time i hope

once again congrats

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice inFuji WhiteI can'twaitto get mine.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
ceebee said:
Thanks for the compliments Irishred,
I still find it hard to believe that the Pure is the "entry" level Evoque and yet with a fewextraslooks so good compared to the base models in other ranges (such as Q5 and Kuga's etc).

I have had at least 5 people guessing the cars value at over 40K, yet it cost just over 31.5K, which I think is very reasonable for what you get as standard?
Hey, ceebee, I'm loving the look of your car, and I'm astonished you've got it for c£31.5k, on the configurator your spec comes nearer to £32100, did you get the pan roof at the lower price.

I can't get my Pure below £36500.

My good lady loves her nice touches!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Evo-King.
When I paid my deposit in May I listed all of the extras and the costs, so there was a "paper-trail" in case the costs rise.

To be fair to LR they honoured these costs without me mentioning it to them.

However............................I did add a spare wheel at a later date, which I forgot to add to my total so the total cost for the car was £31, 740 rather than the £31,620 I thought.

I have been a member on a Kuga forum for years and when they were debating the Evoque I put my spec on and included all of the standard features of the Evoque that were "Extras"on a Kuga and it caused quite a debate when I mentioned the cost!

Things like leather, dab, touchscreen, bluetooth, reverse parking sensors, heated seats, climate, etc....etc....etc.......

·
Registered
186 Posts

Your car is stunning!

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
ceebee said:
Evo-King

I have been a member on a Kuga forum for years and when they were debating the Evoque I put my spec on and included all of the standard features of the Evoque that were "Extras"on a Kuga and it caused quite a debate when I mentioned the cost!

Things like leather, dab, touchscreen, bluetooth, reverse parking sensors, heated seats, climate, etc....etc....etc.......
ceebee

Those are some very valid points you make there regarding the Kuga comparison.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@ Ceebee,

I'm also ordering a Pure in white with same interior.
I'm ordering a Pure SD4, with auto gearbox, tech pack, pan roof, clearview pack. Cannot say I want to pay $ 3400 for Navigation. My top of range, dual use (bike) Garmin cost only $800 and still works very well. Ditto for phones these days with GPS & bluetooth etc. at fraction of the price.

In AUD my Pure will cost about $71 000 (GBP 45 700). It is unnecessarily expensive down under though :-(
And only probably get it in May 2012.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Biker, thats a great spec for your Evoque.

It mat take a while to get to you, but I can assure you that it will be well worth the wait!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ceebee

I have been admiring the pictures of your car for 3 weeks now and will pick up my almost identical model on Tuesday. Did your car come with mats or did you have to buy them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deeker,
I had to buy mats but wasn't willing to pay LR the princely sum of around £150, soI bought some from Ebay for £30.

I would normally have haggled with the dealer, but didn't bother in this case as my car arrived much earlier that expected and I was so pleased I just took the car and left ASAP.

Good luck with your car, you wont be disapointed!

·
Registered
27 Posts
ceebee,
that car looks the bomb. ive just ordered my pure, in white. What colour is your interior? Also i was debating whether to get the panoramic roof? would you say get it or not. Ive got a month to decide whether i want to add any extras. i like the roof but the misses aint fussed by it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gorgeous! I ordered the same colors as you... I have a very messy toddler and 10 year old... very nervous but I just had to have the Cirrus!!! Love it! No food rule in this car for sure!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts