Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm due to make my decision sometime next month but I can't decide on whether to go for the petrol or diesel. MPG isn't really a deciding factor for me because I never do more than 10000miles per year but residuals do mean something which has me thinking if I value the extra performance and refinement of the petrol above the better resale potential of the diesel.

Anyone get any thoughts on this sticky question?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really wanted the diesel (for economy) but after test driving them both I went for the petrol as the performance was so much better - I would expect the diesel to hold its value better but as its a dynamic, which would be considered more of a sports model, the performance of the petrol may make it more desirable.

The broker4cars website allows you to spec the evoque on a PCP and then see how much the final payment will be - that should give you an idea of how much they think it will depreciate.

I would just buy the one you enjoy driving the most and if you're not bothered about the extra performance get the diesel

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you look at recent 4x4s that hadincredible initial residualsafterfirst production - BMW X5 3.0d sport was the one to have, XC 90 it was the diesel, and the V6 V8 diesel Range Rover Sports were the onesthat were sought after.
For me the diesel will always do better if you aim to sell after a year or so, but if you are in it for the long haul buy the car you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your input. Personally I have never owned a Landrover so I am unsure whether I will warm to the product as I have done with those of the Germans. I suppose I'm looking at it from the position of if I don't like it what will be the least painless financially if I do need to sell, though my test drive was very positive indeed and it actually drove better than my current A4 with better comfort and a more expensive feel to its interior, much like a Jaguar in that respect.

My sole concern is reliability going by pass products but I've read LR have done serious development miles on this car and expectations on reliability are very high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts