Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hi PD
I am loving those Eco screens showing how the driving style affects economy.
The history and info looks great.
Are the standard on all new Evoque now? Are they live update and update while driving?
As you are in the UK how did you get a 9 speed TD4?

·
Registered
433 Posts
What does driving style mean? And I was wondering the same about the td4

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
Mouse said:
What does driving style mean?
Is that a trick question?

Do you floor the accelerator between lights then brake hard at the next red one or cruise gently and catch the the next one turning green and slip on through?
There's 2 different styles right there.

Edited by: kojak

·
Registered
25 Posts
As my name suggest I am Dutch but currently live and work in the UK. As I am planning to take mine back to the Nld I ordered a Dutch spec. So its LHD TD4 and have to say that 150 HP is more than sufficiënt for me. Live in the Chilterns, so plenty of hills, but always more than enough power also at 16% hills. I can tell you all you want but sometoys one should discover by yourselve...

just kidding, need to know a detail just ask..

·
Registered
433 Posts
kojak said:
Mouse said:
What does driving style mean?
Is that a trick question? 

Do you floor the accelerator between lights then brake hard at the next red one or cruise gently and catch the the next one turning green and slip on through? 
There's 2 different styles right there.
Yes I understand that but what's all this xx% about?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi PD we could be neighbours, I live in the Chiltern's too, atm it's brilliant living on top of a hill.
Thanks for posting the photo, it's great finding all the hidden gismos on the Evoque, even if I don't understand them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I am also glad to live on the top if a (kings)hill. There is not much to understand, just read thedata and consider information given. Either be happy or change driving style or just ingore.;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi am new to this forum. I am just ordering an SD4 pure tech auto (9sp) keeping the wheels to 18inch. The car will be used to and from work in a semi rural location, 10-20 miles a journey. My dilemma is that i would very much prefer the auto, but have read some conversations about 30-33 mpg around town. So am considering the manual, is there a significant benefit.

My wife is petite, so I have had to pay the extra for the electric seat, and have gone for e panoramic sun roof as my preference of colour combinations is corris grey and black leather.Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated at this stage.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Devon, I compared Auto to Manual when ordering.
The 9 speed Auto had been my preference, however
It has a reduced mpg (only by a few)
The road tax is 2 bands up
It costs nearly £2000 more
My dealer says that the extra £2000 results in a £400 increase in residual over the manual ie loses £1600

As the manual box is so good, it was a simple choice for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many thanks for the advice, and the information about the initial auto cost versus the depreciation value. I need to take an extended test drive in the manual before choosing.Although lower it's now not the mpg that's the issue, rather the £1600 depreciation, not something I had previously considered

·
Registered
655 Posts
I could have lived with a slightly reduced mpg, and possibly the extra annual road tax could have been tolerated.
However, I was as surprised and disappointed as the dealer was with the residual value.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts