Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ain't gonna happen Rob unless you stick to between 60 and 70. Mid 30's average best you can hope for driving without looking at the instant fuel consumption every 10 secs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Geogeo,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Sadly, I think you may be right - Yesterday and today involved a 60 mile trip to Hythe (Kent Coast, Cinque Port, etc.) and back (so 120 milesish) and the beastie did 33 mpg.

Did I read on here somewhere that Land Rover had a software fix for this?

R

p.s. Sometime over the last day or so in Hythe, some f****r nicked the LandRover Badge from the back of my car. Either that, or it fell off. Either way, I'm annoyed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great news, managed 35 mpg on way to Manchester airport, think the average speed check on the m62 might have helped!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Managed 37.5 yesterday on a circa 330 mile all motorway trip at 70mph. 38.5 on way there but really windy coming back and probably a bit more uphill.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sd4 auto 5 door, went from huddersfield to NEC and back, avarage speed 64 mph no faster than 80 mph and got 41.2 mpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to pick mine up on Thursday SD4 Auto Pure plus toys, it arrived early!.

Hope the MPG figures improve on what you are all posting, trading in an 11 plate Audi A4 quattro with 25,000 miles - will do 30,000 miles per year shortest run is 60 mile round trip average trip 250 miles round trip on mixture of roads - looking for 40-45mpg to be in same league as Audi, BMW330d convertible before that did 50-55mpg that was a heavy car with an old engine....

Driving should be fun tho'

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mineis a pure tech sd4 and I'm loving driving it,mother snow was great fun, try to ignore the mpg and don't compare it to your A4!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys, interesting to hear about claimed vs actual mpg. I have opted for the 2wd version as mpg is/was a crucial factor to me and the 320 convertible (07) was only getting me 38mpg. I get the Evoque next Friday (ordered Oct 2011) and i really cant wait. Albeit i know that its not 4wd (and everybody would question buying a Range Rover that isnt) but i live in the city and rarely experience anything more exciting than a few inches of snow once every 30 years so will settle on the fab looks and (fingers crossed) reasonable mpg. I will keep the forums updated with figures. Enjoy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Now done 12.5k miles since start of Dec. this week done 2 x 330 mile trips and got 40 mpg. Mainly mway mostly 70. Warmer weather is helping.... More mixed driving round town drops to to about 34

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ihave had my sd4 for about 4 months now and most of my driving is in and around town and I regularly get 40 mpg, even on short journeys of 10 miles! Being a tight a##e I tried al ways to improve the mpg and found the following works very well.
Firstly, use cruise control whenever possible (adds at least 5mpg) I also figured out I do a lot of stop start on my trip to and from work, I figured out that if I just held back and kept rolling towards junctions and anticipated what was happening in front of me, my mpg shot up and I still get home in the same time! . My average since new is 37.4mpg over 4300 miles and it has never been on a motorway yet!. So it can be done....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Meganwest - have you got Auto or Manual ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Can someone with a new 9 speed auto put an updated MPG figure in this thread please?

Also what mileage does the on board computer think you can get out of a full tank?

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Steve, Here are some stats from last week on my 9 SP TD4 Auto. SD4 should be around the same... (Best is now 49, average around 38 i guess) Hope this helps..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks Pure Dutch, very informative!

Pure Dutch said:
Hi Steve, Here are some stats from last week on my 9 SP TD4 Auto. SD4 should be around the same... (Best is now 49, average around 38 i guess) Hope this helps..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow those are impressive - I'm at circa 33 on mine - with 104k miles on it after just over 2 years!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts