Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure I read that my SD4 automatics should do 35 mpg up to 45 on combined runs, so far just done 500 miles but not been able to get to 33 even on a 20 mile run and taking it steady. Is it likely to get better or should I just be happy with a lovely car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took my sd4 with pan roof on a 100 mile round trip the day I picked it up, I got 36mpg comb, and that's with about 60% motorway and 40% lanes. I thought that was fine for a brand new car, since then we've only managed 30mpg but that's just doing a short trip here and there, I still think that's fine as it's a much bigger car than were used to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
500 miles is far too early to get a real idea of potential MPG, the engine is still way too tight. A 20 mile run this time of year means for nearly half of that 20 the engine and stuff are still not up to working temperature.

As your mileage increases and the engine loosens up and the warmer weather starts to appear
, you should be seeing much better figures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hit 501 miles today doing half around town and motor and i have only got 28.8 MPG. I'm hoping that getting's better because i was getting 35MPG out my 1 series conv 123D. Might have to go back and get a 1 series for the good MPG. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have done 600 miles and doing average 32mpg in my sd4, I'm hoping it will improve!

·
Registered
102 Posts
JD09Uk, given BMW quotes 52.3mpg combined for your current 123d cab, if you are getting 35mpg from it fully run in, 28.5 from an almost brand new Evoque with a bigger, older tech engine, that's still tight & has poorer drag coeficient & approx 50kg more to carry around, you are already doing pretty well!! As Malph say, once run in & with warmer weather, your mpg will no doubt improve, but quoted economy figures are never really achievable in the real world & few of any of us bought/are buying an Evoque for its mpg? I had a "blue" tech diesel hire car for a month with 72+mpg quoted & I got approx 43mpg! Enjoy the Evoque's other benefits!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the comments, my obsession is because I've (stupidly) quoted the figures to people! No the car wasn't bought for its fuel efficiency so I'm not really that worried because I adore driving it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm now over 3000 miles & no real improvement . I have managed 40mpg on 10 mile, steady A road (40 - 50mph) but mostly is 28-32 mpg.
Drove down to London on Boxing Day - 200+ miles round trip & only got 34mpg ...... lovely drive though :)

ps saw a nice white with black roof on A40 travelling westbound around midday .... anyone here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
(RATBO) I totally agree with you. I'm just going see how it go's. I have only had the Evoque a week. So like you said not to bad for a new car. But I'am loving the Evoque so much i can't see me getting rid of it in a hurry.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ratbo said:
JD09Uk, given BMW quotes 52.3mpg combined for your current 123d cab, if you are getting 35mpg from it fully run in, 28.5 from an almost brand new Evoque with a bigger, older tech engine, that's still tight & has poorer drag coeficient & approx 50kg more to carry around, you are already doing pretty well!! As Malph say, once run in & with warmer weather, your mpg will no doubt improve, but quoted economy figures are never really achievable in the real world & few of any of us bought/are buying an Evoque for its mpg? I had a "blue" tech diesel hire car for a month with 72+mpg quoted & I got approx 43mpg! Enjoy the Evoque's other benefits!

Jesus you must drive the 123d like you stole it!

Read this thread, most people seem to get a lot more than 35mpg (i appreciate they probably drive coupes though)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've done nearly 2000 miles in my SD4 and currently average 33 mpg (appox 60% A roads/40% town).

I am just wondering if anyone knowshow much having the heated seats/full-lights etc.......will affect the consumption during the cold winter months in relation to the summer? (although the air-con in summer would counter-balance this I suppose)?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't bother with the heater anymore to save mpg. I just take my wife everywhere and then there is enough hot air about my driving that I don't need a heater :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You let your wife in your evoque? Turn the sound system up and fade it to your side then you get the benefit of the heating without the racket!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
400 miles in on my dynamic lux.. Getting 28 mpg. Like a previous post , I too made the mistake of extolling the claimed MPG as a reason to buy . As it stands I would have still bought it had they advertised it as 28 mpg - but I can't work out how my 4.4 litre vogue gets 26-27 mpg on the same run ? Someone explain that to me?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jimbobarelli said:
400 miles in on my dynamic lux.. Getting 28 mpg. Like a previous post , I too made the mistake of extolling the claimed MPG as a reason to buy . As it stands I would have still bought it had they advertised it as 28 mpg - but I can't work out how my 4.4 litre vogue gets 26-27 mpg on the same run ? Someone explain that to me?

How many miles has your Vogue done in comparison to your Evoque?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep - its a few thousand more - so I will give it a while . I think I just get a bit narked having to keep visiting the garage . I can get 500 miles plus of fuel in the vogue but only 300 in the evoque ... I am being picky . Anyone who owns an evoque can readily see why it's car of the year. But I am in my mid forties and English - thus am genetically obliged to moan about things ! ˜ƒ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

I've had my Evoque (SD4) since late September. MPGs haven't been particularly great but have been improving - I got a whopping 33mpg on the run from Edinburgh to London the other day. High winds may have played a factor in this though.

It has now done 3,000 miles so hopefully it will have loosened up a bit for future drives.

Any tips from other owners as to how to get 40mpg+ out of this beast? ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts