Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
kojak said:
284 miles in

Now 1100 miles in ...... Same journey. Driven carefully but stayed with real world traffic conditions, meaning I never held anyone up and as traffic concertina'd to stops at roundabouts e.t.c. I had more a of a gentle flow through than most other cars.

Edited by: kojak

·
Registered
472 Posts
Over the weekend, Idrove from London to Stonehenge to Bath to Tenby and back to London - 500 miles. I decided to heck with the mileage and did 90mph (or more)on the M4. I was surprised that the trip computer record the overall consumption for that trip was 34.4mpg.

Hmmm, maybe it is really not worth my time to crawl along the truckers lane!

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
I know MPG is not the reason people bought an Evoque but Spurred on by Green frogs recent posts on the ED4 thread I thought I would post this mornings commute. If the pic (2 posts earlier) was taken today it would have read.......46.0!!!!!!!!!!
On the opposite journey home, even with a motorway junction shut due to an accident on M3 causing local bumper to bumper stop starts and a 20minute addition to a typically 40 minute journey i'm still on 43.2

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Have to say, guys, I don't think I'll be having that option on the screen( and it seems it is an option????) I'd far rather enjoy the driving experience , whatever kind of journey, than be fretting re MPG achieved - I gave up that kind of stressing long ago- but each to their own

·
Super Moderator
2,489 Posts
Good on you!I wish I could switch off entirely but if nothing else it gives me a challenge on what is largely a boring journey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

2.2L SD4 Manual

15000 miles up now. 34.7 MPG overall. 39 mpg on motorway at 75mph, 42 mpg on A & B Roads at about 50mph, and about 31 mpg around town from cold. Lower figures in winter by about 2 mpg.

Cheers

Deeside

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just managed to get 41mpg and 510 miles out of a tank of diesel - have been very careful though. When I drive it normally I get early 30s

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got 45mpg due to road works and busy traffic from Manchester to Southampton a few weeks ago - it meant I was doing mainly 50ish and steady. That's the best I have ever had!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Generally 44mpg. Got 53 mpg on a trip to York recently. High mpg is achieved by using the cruise control as much as you can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got 44 MPG..Last 200Miles

Used Cruse control for 80 % of the journey

Speed of 64MPH

·
Registered
433 Posts
Evoque_nw said:
Got 44 MPG..Last 200Miles

Used Cruse control for 80 % of the journey

Speed of 64MPH
Do you generally find that cruise control improves or lowers MPG? On my current car I get better figures if I don't use it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Might be because urs is Automatic, mine is Manual

·
Registered
433 Posts
No my current car is manual...

·
Registered
43 Posts
You could be a smooth driver...!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Over 2000 miles on my SD4 manual now and since getting the car the computer indicates an average of 42mpg. On a 'run' achieving over 45mpg is a regular occurrence.

Having said that brim to brim calculations indicate the computer is probably reading abut 2mpg over the actual values.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is an awesome Mileage!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts