Evoque Owners Club banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
To be fair to JLR, the Ingenium diesel engine does seem to be much more economical and capable of these sort of mpg figures (subject to reservations about its tendency to need early oil changes and other issues, mostly attributable to the latest emission control requirements it has to meet).

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Is that the 150hp or 190hp model? Both were 2.2 litres on early models until the TD4 came out. If it's the SD4 190hp version, then that is good going, even on a nice clear run driving "sensibly". I doubt you'd manage that doing short runs or with a more sporty driving style.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ive said this before. All the guys & gals showing good figures are usually on short mileage checks. Zero & run a couple of tanks of fuel, say 5 or 600 miles. You,ll get nowhere near 45, 50 More like 35 to 40 depending on driving style as said above.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I agree with Stevie on this. I get about 39 on the dash which when calculated myself works out around 36 or 37. I did find out 1 day that when not trying to get good mpg it was actually better than when I try. Going to try this again to see if it is the same on a different route.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the 190hp and it was a single run from A to B using cruse control.36000 on the clock using premium fuel from CostCo.

On the way back I got 40.3.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd be inclined to discount the figure by a few mpg if you are taking it from the onboard computer display, but even so, excellent figure for this engine.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm spending a few weeks in Cornwall and, as expected driving around the country lanes, my average mpg is falling - now down to 40.3.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just completed three years with the Evoque - one more to go... Its a company lease vehicle and so I have to record all business miles to claim back fuel expenses and so I have accurate record of every fillup.

so for the geeks among you

It is a PURE 2.2 SD4 4x4 Auto
Only been in the garage for services and MoT.
Total for 3 years

6,991.34Total Fuel cost(pounds for some reason the pound sign corrupts)
6,232.09Total litres purchased
1,371.06Total Gallons
41793.00Total miles
30.47Average MPG

Tyres Replacements= 0Still on the Michelins it was delivered with measured 4mm of tread on Friday for MoT - that is impressive for 42k.

Punctures = 0Kiss of death I do not have a spare

Faults apart from the lousy laggy gearbox which I just live with now.

Had a whine develop recently from rear offside - Just came out of service on Friday and it needs a new diff - all going to be done under warranty another week and would of been chargeable - not good enough for 42k.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thanks for those figures - all interesting stuff.
It sounds like it's been a good vehicle up to the recent diff (Haldex?).

Have you thought about extending the warranty or buying a 3rd party one if you are keeping it?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Its a lease vehicle so warranty is not an issue for me.
Not sure what caused the diff problem - I do tow a caravan but it really does not get a hard life so quite disappointing for this type of failure on a modern car with so few miles on it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Uncle said:
Had a whine develop recently from rear offside - Just came out of
service on Friday and it needs a new diff - all going to be done under
warranty another week and would of been chargeable
- not good enough for
42k.
You've confused me now!?!

·
Registered
72 Posts
16.9mpg. 2.2 SD4 auto.
Town driving mostly, plus when its warm I drive it like I stole it! Also wearing general grabbers all round.

48 per litre for diesel, so not too bothered.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hehe confusion wasn't the aim.....

Because its under 3 years old the vehicle warranty JLR will cover the replacement costs.

Had this been diagnosed next week it would be out of warranty and they would have charged the leasing company for the repair, the leasing company in turn would not authorise repairs until they satisfied why it failed and probably looking to pass the charges and blame to the driver... Me in this case. - the whole thing would turn ugly for sure.

All for something that quite simply should not of failed in the first place.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts