Evoque Owners Club banner

321 - 340 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,000 Posts
Bloody useless !!

Come on guys, get your Casio calculators out and derive your mpg old school :)

·
10,626 Posts
Casio Calculators, the grey matter seems to recollect them.

Just checked In-Control all data still there, last journey this evening 48.7 on a 32 mile burst.

In-Control doesn't have an overall figure, that's stored in the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shame that In - Control doesn't have the overall figure as mine lost with the gearbox change. My MPG gone down with ne w gear box. Does that make sense? Or is it just me getting back in an Evoque after a DS for two weeks?

Evoking, 48.7 is good is that a one off? Mine seemed to be 42 overall average....

·
10,626 Posts
I've got better than that on a 250+ plus round trip, over 50mpg.

At the moment just about getting 30+ mpg, short stop and start journeys around town, I must check the overall mpg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
distance = 5.3 miles,ave speed = 6mph,
duration = 1hr 4 min,
efficency = 12.6 mpg,
the delights of london rush hour traffic.

best is 42mpg on a decent run

·
Registered
92 Posts
I only do long distances so hence the 40+ but its dropped... But looking at the 50's perhaps I should get more?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Best MPG we've achieved is 61.3 mpg over a 21 mile journey.

We average 42.3mpg over all journeys.

My wife's tiny little Smart Fortwo only gets 46 mpg, so with diesel being cheaper than petrol the Evoque costs about the same per mile as her little 900cc Smart.Edited by: tarbat

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tarbat, thats good over that distance. I was there before my new gear box so that makes sense... Quite impressive vs the Smart I think..

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
wow Tarbat thats fantastic....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Angel said:
wow Tarbat thats fantastic....
To be fair, that was an exceptional journey with a significant elevation change from the Slochd Summit ;) But still impressed that the Evoque can achieve such great mpg whilst still tackling off-road forest tracks, etc.

Edited by: tarbat

·
10,626 Posts
My Trip A, which records total mileage and therefore MPG, is showing 31.8 for 4500 miles.

I can live with that because the car is really good on longer journeys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have now completed over 20,000 and Im still disappointing with the performance, I drive my Evoke sensibly and have achieved excellent MPGresults in previous cars, but no matter how careful I am, always using cruise control I can not achieve more than 35mpg, around town 28 mpg.

For those of you hoping for better after the engine wears in, i would hold your breath

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Newbie here. Recently took possession (3-weeks ago) of a 2011 2.2 Dynamic SD4 with 48k on clock. First decent journey (180 miles) managed to get it averaging over 53mpg driving at 65 on cruise. Has now dropped to average of 38mpg on winding A and B roads in N. Devon - trip mileage now 255. Have been playing with different driving modes too. Not as good as I had expected but better than 3.0 ltr ML, which was at best 39 and 28 respectively for previous same trip.

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
45 Posts
Reviving an old thread - and slightly off topic but definitely related. I had a 2015 discovery sport 2.2 sd4 auto hse luxury courtesy car for 3 weeks. Had over 50mpg multiple times. My final trip back to the dealer I averaged 52/53mpg. So despite the additional weight of the ds sport - it manages to to shame my ingenium Evoque. Edited by: flyRR

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
50 mpg for a 2.2 SD4 is remarkable - tbh I'm not even sure I believe it (no offence to flyRR but I'd have my doubts about the accuracy of the computer fuel mpg readout) unless the SD4 engine in a Discovery is in a completely different state of tune.

25 mpg is much more likely for a short trip from cold - and 35mpg is about the best I expect on a steady run, being careful and pushing the speed over the statutory limit in the Evoque. That's my experience anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the response Andy.

Here I was getting worried that mpg is way below what people have posted on here.

You reckon I'd get much more by using BP Ultimate or Shell Nitro V?

I've got an evoque dynamic lux 4wd 2013. - Love it :D

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
flyRR said:
Reviving an old thread - and slightly off topic but definitely related. I had a 2015 discovery sport 2.2 sd4 auto hse luxury courtesy car for 3 weeks. Had over 50mpg multiple times. My final trip back to the dealer I averaged 52/53mpg. So despite the additional weight of the ds sport - it manages to to shame my ingenium Evoque.
Hi, that does seem high for an SD4, are you sure it wasn't the HSE Luxury with the first of the new 178 hp Ingeniums that were introduced in late 2015 - the fuel consumption figure sounds much more like that engine?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
jol384 said:
Thanks for the response Andy. 

Here I was getting worried that mpg is way below what people have posted on here. 

You reckon I'd get much more by using BP Ultimate or Shell Nitro V?

I've got an evoque dynamic lux 4wd 2013.  - Love it :D
I like mine, I don't do high mileage and though it may not be the most economical model, it's a pretty reliable and powerful engine that's a pleasure to drive. I do fill up with ultimate diesel sometimes. I'm not sure that it makes that much difference, may be a couple of mpg or so.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
at last some realistic figures.I think the 50 milers must be driving behind a hearse or milk float (hybrid)

321 - 340 of 358 Posts