1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
33 - 37

·
Registered
30 Posts
Woohoo! I finally managed to get my MPG into the 40s during a 55 mile trip over the new year, simply by sticking to the speed limit on the motorway (the bulk of the distance) and not planting my foot to the floor when accelerating as I normally do. Ended up with a reading of 41.1mpg.

The return trip dropped the average down to around 37mpg, but conditions were absolutely awful (heavy wind and rain, and lots of ground water on the roads) and for some reason the instant mileage was ridiculously low (8-10mpg) for the first few miles at urban speeds. But at least now I know that 40+mpg isn't just theoretical!

·
Registered
136 Posts
It does make a big difference even if you drive at 75 instead of 70

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mileage now 925 miles. Last two trips totalling 215 miles, average speed 50mph, consumption 39 mpg. I am delighted as our previous car, a Discovery 3 TDV6, never did more than 30mpg. (I have done all the conversions from metric for you people in the UK). We live in Spain and pay around 1.15 euros per litre.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Payndz /spike .. Am I driving the same car? 4 door dynamic am driving does not ever touch 40mpgfor a second .. I might get 35 mpg at 55mph on a downhill . At 70 mph on a flat road it's doing 30-32 mph at best . Is it my 20" wheels.I am not actually too fussed about the cost of the fuel - but more concerned there is something not right with the car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Best mpg today. 41 on a 142 mile motorway trip (one way, did not have it set on way down) speed limit only, very little round town. Done this journey before and never got anything above 35-37. Maybe clam weather helping and now done nearly 6k miles. Hope it continues. Interested in chip and how / if it affects warranty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Unless you ave it in S mode and flooring it every time something wrong there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys
I'm not saying it is the case in this instance but think about what 'chipping' does to cars - in every instance I have had in the past - 4 cars chipped previously only 1 actually benefited in terms of fuel economy as a result of the chip despite them all thinking they had. The fuel calculations are sketchy at the best of times and chipping seems to make this worse. The only true way of working out what your fuel economy is is to fill up, make a note of the number of litres you've put in, reset the trip computer drive the car to empty (or almost) and calculate mpg / mpl from this.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts