Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of the lucky ones who managed to get my hands on an Evoque reasonably early on, and I have now had it a week and done abour 250 miles. So what do I think??

I have a Pure SD5 Manual with Tech Pack and overall have been extremely impressed with the car. The build quality is top drawer and the car draws looks from everyone, they are still a very rare sight on the roads.

The manual box is really impressive, with changes being very smooth. The box has quite a short shift to it so it has a sporty feel. I would not say you could call the car sporty, certainly its pace off the line is relaxed with the first gear really short so you find yourself changing up pretty quickly. The car is new so I have not give it anything yet, but I suspect it will be winning on the torque stakes rather than the speed ones! However on the motorway is a supreme cruiser, with 70mph achieving around 42mpg.

For the first few miles I have been taking things very steady yet have only returned 37mpg on a combined cycle, I am hoping that things loosen up and I get over the magic 40 as I do quite a few miles.

On the plus side the entertainment system is excellent, I have just the standard Meridian set up and its quality is as good as anything I have had in a car before. I have an older ipod and I keep that in the car now and it connects up via a USB plug to the entertainment system with all controls operating from the touch screen - very neat indeed and something I have been used to in my previous VW.

Only slight negatives are the phone connection keeps dropping and it is getting to the point where I will not connect it as the messages are annoying. Any help and advice on this point would be well received. Basically it connects fine but periodically drops the connection.

The only other negative is the lack of a centre armrest - yes there is one of sorts but this is too far back and does not offer any support.

Overall though a thoroughly nice piece of kit. If anyone has any specific questions then I will be pelased to answer them!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Leesug, glad you're enjoying it ! What colour's your car cos I often drive around the Halifax area and might spot you ? Did you get it from Copley LR ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jake,

It is in Orkney Grey. I got the car from Rocar Moores after a dissappointing experience from Copley.

Lee

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lee, if you see an Orkney Grey Prestige SD4 with style 8 wheels it might be me !! Funnily enough I'd heard very mixed reports about Copley LR.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jake good luck with your 40 mpg goal I've now done just over 2000 miles and still sitting at 37 mpg. I was also hoping to get to 40 but have now given up on that one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah - I've got to 37.5mpg and though myself lucky!! The elusive 40 seems to be reserved for slow drivers with cheaper insurance ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
I was around Halifax this evening, I will keep an eye out for you.
Mine is a white 3door pure.
But if you see a grey transit flashing at you then it will be me, as I will be starting on the electrical work at copley cricket club soon.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts