Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,This may be a silly question but is the Scratch and Dent cover worth getting on a new car?
I have Gap insurance but it's niggling me if someone dents the door in a car park.
I got a quote I'm thinking aboutfor a scratch or dent cover for three years for damage over 2 panels and 20cm.

Has anyone used this insurance as I thought if a car is insured the insurance company will dealwith dents and not sure about scratches?

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
If it's a lease, or a PCP that you will hand back, probably. As long as it's less than £250. Otherwise no, I'd have thought.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I bought the car so don't need to hand it back,3yr cover ""“ 2 Panels ""“ 20cm Damage - £25 Excess per Claim for £257

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had a stone chip on the bonnet and that cost £300 to fix without using normal full comp insurance where the excess was £250. We then had minor damage insurance on the Discovery and used it twice - ding from a car for in door panel and small scrape on rear quarter. No excess on either so yes, it is worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well worth it.Also look at wheel damage insurance. I have used both several times over the last 2 years. My car has'nt a mark on it now,so if I sell it will sell easier with a better price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
But remember that insurance companies are in the business to make money - most people will claim less than they pay for the policy.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well they've lost out with me. The smallest damage to wheels and body work I've claimed for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I was called up on the last day I could get it and I took it out for three years. I have some nice alloys that would be expensive to fix with the mirror turned bits but I'm trying to get some tires with rim protection built in. I'd hate to get any damage!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You can now relax knowing if you do damage them, you can get them repaired. I once damaged both front wheels within days. Got them both repaired good as new, no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts