Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 P300e SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling to get my newly delivered P300e to charge overnight at cheap rates. I have set the departure 0030 for timed charging, and set a preferred charging time 0030 to 0430. When I leave the car, I get a message to say a scheduled charge time is set. I plug into my Pod-Point and the LED is briefly blue, but immediately changes to green and charges at the full day rate.

I have been to the dealer who set it up, but it still failed. The documentation is terrible, the complexity of what should be a simple task is terrible. Tonight, I will take my charged mobile phone to bed with me, set an alarm for 0030 to wake up, open the remote app and initiate it manually, but that is not a sustainable solution to what should be a simpl,e user task.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Oh, that was my idea, just wake the wife up & get her to plug it in

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
For what it costs to charge, simply don’t bother with the timer-just plug it in.
have timing options on my Merc but don’t use them-why complicate things and yes if you do use the method described it is indeed womans work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am struggling to get my newly delivered P300e to charge overnight at cheap rates. I have set the departure 0030 for timed charging, and set a preferred charging time 0030 to 0430. When I leave the car, I get a message to say a scheduled charge time is set. I plug into my Pod-Point and the LED is briefly blue, but immediately changes to green and charges at the full day rate.

I have been to the dealer who set it up, but it still failed. The documentation is terrible, the complexity of what should be a simple task is terrible. Tonight, I will take my charged mobile phone to bed with me, set an alarm for 0030 to wake up, open the remote app and initiate it manually, but that is not a sustainable solution to what should be a simpl,e user task.

Any suggestions?
did u manage to fix this issue as i have the same issue i have a pod point charger aswell and it starts charging immediately once the charger is connected even though i set the timed charge option!

·
Registered
2020 P300e SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did u manage to fix this issue as i have the same issue i have a pod point charger aswell and it starts charging immediately once the charger is connected even though i set the timed charge option!
Landrover have made a simple task far too complicated, so I gave up and bought an Ohme programmable cable. I just plug it in and it charges overnight at 5p per kWh, rather than the daily rate at 13p per kWh.

The Ohme app is straightforward to use and was on offer for octopus customers. I keep it at home plugged into the Pod-Point, and the original in the boot which makes it very easy to go out without having to mess about opening the boot and pack the cable, or forget it when arriving at Tesco for free recharge.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any suggestions?
I managed to get this working after many trial and errors!!! I set my Preferred Charging Time to 01:00 - 06:00 (as my cheap/free electricity is between 00:00 - 07:00. I then set the VEHICLE DEPATURE TIME to 06:00. (Note I don't care about a departure time but it looks like this has to be set close to you charging period end time??) The charge indicator turned Blue and stayed Blue. When I check my smart meter (in my house) it shows that nothing is charging as the set time has not yet been reached. Perfect. In the morning I check the car and it is fully charged. RESULT !!!

I called 2 Land Rover dealers about this feature and they didn't have a clue.

Land Rover really needs to review it's iGuide as this is total rubbish and mega confusing.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ;)

·
Registered
P300e
202 Posts
Isn't it remarkable that a massive global corporation like JLR can't produce a simple solution to this problem. All that is required on the App, is a charge start time (with automatic end time of fully charged), with an option (tick box) to stop the charging after a fixed time.

The programmers have obviously never used an electric oven for inspiration;

you enter what time you want your dinner and how long it needs to cook, (i.e. the start time is automatically calculated), its that easy!

·
Registered
2020 P300e R-Dynamic SE, white
33 Posts
I gave up with LR timing in the car and just told my EV charging point to only charge the car between 00:30 and 4:00. THis is the simplest option for me.

·
Registered
MY21 P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
48 Posts
I gave up with LR timing in the car and just told my EV charging point to only charge the car between 00:30 and 4:00. THis is the simplest option for me.
I also don’t use the vehicle timer but instead use the pod point’s own scheduled charge timer via the pod point app. My electricity is 5p per kWh between 0030 and 0430 so one third of the day price and 65p for my 32 mile commute. Everything works fine with the pod point timer. I also cannot easily fathom the vehicle’s own app and would dearly like a printed manual!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an evoque p300e, however, I have a wallbox charger, failed to charge the first few times using InControl, I now use the wallbox software that connects to the phone, that works fine so I set the InControl a little earlier and finish a little later so that wallbox times does the electricity so I get best use of low tarriff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts