Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
expecting my TD4 Pure Manual with Tech Pack and toys in the next 4 weeks or so, and have started to wonder whether it is possible to download the safety camera database (or similar) on to the satnav? Can the dealership do it? Not that i am thinking of zooming about everywhere at high speed, these are SAFETY CAMERAS after all. I would like the database so as to alert me of potential dangerous roads.... of course, why else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is not possible to load speed cameras as such, only way it can be done is through customer icon locations for every cam, if ŷou had the
data in the correct format it can then be uploaded via "WDS" (Land Rover Dealer computer), I doubt if the data is available in th correct format though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There is a common request for speed cameras in the Sat Nav. Don't Land Rover think it might be an idea to get a software update with it in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most manufactures are unwilly to include safety cameras as POI's you can add them manually through custom poi's but would take 4ever

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just downloaded the database file from pocketgpsworld.com and followed instructions in my handbook to use a memory stick and add them as POI's, took less than 5 mins and now I get audible warning when I get close to one.....

Edited by: Simon_ward

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, as long as you have an MY13, you can download the entire database, as Simon_ward said above, and add all of the cameras in one go (or at least one set for fixed and another set for mobile).

You need to have the 'My POI' option on your satnav. (correct me if I'm wrong; I don't think you can on MY11 or MY12)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts