Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Jaguars for over 20 years of different ages and I have never had an issue with the SatNav expiring.
Our 2016 Evoque has just had the windscreen repaired due to the etching printer failing to bond to the glass and the SatNav has stopped working. We think it has something to do with the water ingress but LR are telling us the SatNav has expired and we need to get an update for £360.
Has anyone else had the same issue with LR

·
Super Moderator
9,653 Posts
Sounds about right. The Sat Nav is on 3 years included from new then renewable.

·
Super Moderator
9,653 Posts
No I was informed it had 3 years but go from the date it was first registered.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
392 Posts
I have owned Jaguars for over 20 years of different ages and I have never had an issue with the SatNav expiring.
Our 2016 Evoque has just had the windscreen repaired due to the etching printer failing to bond to the glass and the SatNav has stopped working. We think it has something to do with the water ingress but LR are telling us the SatNav has expired and we need to get an update for £360.
When you say it has stopped working do you mean it won't give you directions or it has stopped allowing you to update?
The 3 year from new is for updates to the maps, my Evoque is a 2017 and the maps haven't been updated for a number of years by the looks of it but the sat nav itself still functions perfectly well...just doesn't recognise some roads.

Reactions: DKZ5745 and XZ4

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our 2016 Evoque has just had the windscreen repaired due to the etching printer failing to bond to the glass and the SatNav has stopped working.
Not meaning to highjack this thread, but who refitted the windscreen? Was this through JLR or did you go direct to a windscreen company? Mine has the same issue, JLR have advised getting whole screen replaced (not refitted) but they don't have any windscreens in stock apparently...

·
Registered
MY2016, 4x4 manual
27 Posts
I'm surprised. I also have a 2016 Evoque, and have not had any issues of expiry of the SatNav. (I am sure it is the original version, not an updated version that came with my used purchase.) With my 'stand alone' Garmin satnav, I regularly get warnings after about a year or so. I have had no such warnings with the built-in SatNav. Are you sure JLR are not pulling a fast one on you?

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
The Say Nav Does not expire, the Updates Expire and it's £89 for 1 year or £129 for 3 years, and can be bought online.

I wonder if the Dealer fitted something wrong and trying to get you to pay for something to cover their correction to be fitted... Certainly sounds like dealer BS to me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts