Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I'm looking for someone with 'real world'experienceof the sat nav as minewas only on a test drive in the dealership. Did anyone find that the sat nav was rather sluggish? I noticed this most when typing in an address and there seemed to be slight delays - as if underpowered.
Have BMWs at the moment and the satnavs on them seem much more on point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
Yes I know what you mean, there is a delay like you you would see from a DVD based system however it's HDD and therefore perhaps the processor isn't all that powerful.

Despite the order of the list of items to entered I have found its helps if you start with town and then move up the list to street - its seems to speed it up a little.

Not too much problem with post code though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agree with Rob. In fact I tried street then town on one occassion and it wouldn't have it at all but town then street worked fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes is slower to process than previous car satnav I have used and everything is slower to do what you want, other than the very useful 'take me home' feature on the homepage

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sat nav is good in terms of what it can do but so cumbersome and particularly clear. Does not show TMC on the nav screen but hat said nit had chance to go thru manual yet. LJR could really take a leaf from Merc for sat av ergonomics. Keeping a blog on twitter #evoqroadwarrior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts