Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to turn he volume down on the sat nav voice as it is starting to annoy my wife. The voice is annoying not my wife just to be clear....

I Know you can turn it off but I can't find a turn down control.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pete,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

When it's speaking, turn the volume knob down (or use the steering wheel buttons). You need to be quick though. Try it on a very difficult junction.

As an aside, the Sat Nav on the Evoque is rubbish for any sort of complicated journey. I've gone back to using my TomTom Live Go for anything more complicated than a simple trip into the countryside. Maybe I'm just too demanding?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob, I have had better Sat Navs and had worse. Will pass it on and let you know how my wife gets on.... It is her car but I get to drive it at weekends....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Pete
I had the same thing.. you'll find that after turning the sound down whilst she speaks (the sat nav not the wife) that annoyingly at the next direction she'll back up to full volume!.. I haven't found any way of turning her down for good.

So she's on mute til someone tells me how to do it.

As for quality, I've had Tom tom's Audi's and BM's and this is the best system so far. My last A5 (58 plate)didn't even have full post code search.

i prefer a 3/4 view and you need to press the North button to select the different views.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turning it down while she speaks worked and it stayed at that level.

Find this much better than the Lexus RX sat nav although the tendency for TMC to drop out is annoying at times.

Mud flaps to be fitted tomorrow plus a wash.

Been wading through fords today, only about 10" and not as much as the 20" we did on day one of the RRE but still fun, then lots of muddy country lanes, is the car colour brown? Seems so but it should be Firenze..... Still that is what it is for

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ahh now thats interesting ... my system reverts back to original volume each time... I'll see the dealer.
I've been playing in the snow in Scotland.. very very nearly rammed it into a wall only going at 20mph on a main road (in snow and ice mode)... got stuck down a track, couldn't reverse out, so I went right to the bottom turned around it came back up no problem...

Love the car. 12k miles since november...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1.3k in 4 weeks but loving the car, seems so stuck to the road and pulls away very very nicely.

Hopefully the snow stays away from us in Cheshire, you are welcome to it although I am off to India to work next week for a fortnight so sun and 85/90c is calling. Take care but enjoy.

Will miss the RRE loads while I am out there, might miss the wife a little as well

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guys pretty sure you can permanently adjust the volume by going into the settings menu and adjust the defaults. I agree I hate the sat nav overall. Little logic, cluncky, TMC unuseable. It does everything but badly. Last week I entered a full postcode and just after j15a on the m1 it said I had arrived! I was going to a funeral!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Geogeo said:
Guys pretty sure you can permanently adjust the volume by going into the settings menu and adjust the defaults. I agree I hate the sat nav overall. Little logic, cluncky, TMC unuseable. It does everything but badly. Last week I entered a full postcode and just after j15a on the m1 it said I had arrived! I was going to a funeral!!
Having just picked up our Evoque I've been sad enough to read the whole manual and play with all the settings and I agree with geogeo you can set the relative volumes of all the audio sources and sat nav in the settings menu.

The comments on the sat nav worry me though. My RRS is brilliant, accurate and fast I reallynhopemthe Evoque's isn't as bad as some have mentioned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks boys i'll do some late night reading of the manual....
I think the sat nav works well though... afterall it's just a sat nav....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys, now I've got it.
I'm a bloke so obviously I dont read manuals... so after a lot of fiddling... I think I've got it.

THere is a minimum volume of 12!!! the volume does stay as set above level 12 but if you want really quiet in the back gorund on say .. level 9.. it'll go back to 12 for the next direction..

Would someone like to fiddle and let me know if I'm right or wrong.

13k now and the thule roof barshave arrived ... so biking with kids this weekend!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts