Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, I am going to update the satnav on my Evoque to the latest 2020 Europe maps. (2013 model with the Gen2.1 Nav).
Dealer price is £169 which I wil pay but then found a few others offering it much cheaper.
This company caught my eye, £99 UK based, with excellent reviews on trustpilot.
There were others and some cheaper but they looked dodgy.
Has anyone used them and are they as good as they appear?
Thanks in anticipation.

I used navi-expert-Uk on eBay I made an offer of £80 which was accepted a memory stick arrived quickly and he then sent me a one off code to load on to the satnav it did take several hours to load so did it on a long journey but work’s perfectly.

Reactions: Binty and Donna

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
AC0F893A-98D8-448E-AA35-83BF68EC8AC2.jpeg
DB4BB308-32BB-4F18-B7A0-8E5503758159.jpeg
The official JLR one arrived today from Holland by DHL, less than 48 hours from ordering so pretty good
Planning to update it when I next do a long run.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
How much was that one Binty... explain how you upload it please 😊

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,977 Posts
Binty said £169 at the start of this topic

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,562 Posts
Binty said £169 at the start of this topic
I was too scared to say 😁

"Total cost £174.83 including delivery."

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Is there going to be much of a difference?... find mine not to bad?...is it easy to install?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don’t know the answer yet folks. Will update when I have installed it. Yes it was between £75 and £95 more than the copies but I hope has no problems. Mine has the original 2013 maps so should be a big change, there is a major link road near me and it thinks I am driving across a field 😂. Hopefully that will change.
I certainly would not update every year, but it is now getting very dated. So pleased they still make maps for them. Some manufacturers (Volvo) stop quite quickly once they introduce a new system.

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
91 Posts
I used navi-expert-Uk on eBay I made an offer of £80 which was accepted a memory stick arrived quickly and he then sent me a one off code to load on to the satnav it did take several hours to load so did it on a long journey but work’s perfectly.
Is it still working ok? If so I am interested as JLR price is too high, thanks

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
He might be a while getting back to you.... currently on lap 3996365 of M25😱

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
91 Posts
I don’t know the answer yet folks. Will update when I have installed it. Yes it was between £75 and £95 more than the copies but I hope has no problems. Mine has the original 2013 maps so should be a big change, there is a major link road near me and it thinks I am driving across a field 😂. Hopefully that will change.
I certainly would not update every year, but it is now getting very dated. So pleased they still make maps for them. Some manufacturers (Volvo) stop quite quickly once they introduce a new system.
Is it working OK?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not done it yet, I have a longer journey planned in the next couple of weeks and will do it then and update. 😀

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it still working ok? If so I am interested as JLR price is too high, thanks
I would not be risking the M25 but works fine for me.

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
MY14 Dynamic SD4 AWD Santorini Black 2.2l Auto Pano Roof Black 20" Alloys
25 Posts
Not done it yet, I have a longer journey planned in the next couple of weeks and will do it then and update. 😀
Have you had the chance to carryout the upload yet? Your keeping us all in suspense and at my age thats not a good thing😂

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Have you had the chance to carryout the upload yet? Your keeping us all in suspense and at my age thats not a good thing😂
Yes sorry I did reply but it must have been on another thread.
It was quite straightforward, plug in the USB and enter the code when prompted.
It said about 3 hours to do it, it actually took over 5 hours but that was because it spread over 8 journeys. You just leave it in and it resumes.
It loads at about 5% every 8 minutes but the first 5% (it counts in 5% increments) took more than double. Also after each stop it took a while to recalculate where it was before continuing the upload and on one occasion it showed an error and uploaded nothing on that journey, hence it took over 5 hours, sure it would have been much shorter in one continuous run.
The key point is you must complete the installation correctly.
Remove the USB immediately it completes and leave the ignition on for at least three minutes.
(I left it much longer as I was driving).
When you stop and lock the car leave it for a minimum of 15 minutes.
And it works great, where it did show me in the middle of a field I am now on roads😀. It also updated motorway junction details and points of interest so I found some new fuel stations as well.

·
Registered
MY14 Dynamic SD4 AWD Santorini Black 2.2l Auto Pano Roof Black 20" Alloys
25 Posts
Yes sorry I did reply but it must have been on another thread.
It was quite straightforward, plug in the USB and enter the code when prompted.
It said about 3 hours to do it, it actually took over 5 hours but that was because it spread over 8 journeys. You just leave it in and it resumes.
It loads at about 5% every 8 minutes but the first 5% (it counts in 5% increments) took more than double. Also after each stop it took a while to recalculate where it was before continuing the upload and on one occasion it showed an error and uploaded nothing on that journey, hence it took over 5 hours, sure it would have been much shorter in one continuous run.
The key point is you must complete the installation correctly.
Remove the USB immediately it completes and leave the ignition on for at least three minutes.
(I left it much longer as I was driving).
When you stop and lock the car leave it for a minimum of 15 minutes.
And it works great, where it did show me in the middle of a field I am now on roads😀. It also updated motorway junction details and points of interest so I found some new fuel stations as well.
Many thanks, glad to hear you were successful uploading and that it works. Going on the figures that you quoted if you were to do it in one go it would have taken 2 hours 48 minutes.

Its good to know that you can upload it in stages without any problems. Enjoy, unfortunately I will have to keep driving in fields until I have some funds.

Reactions: Binty
21 - 37 of 37 Posts