·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So saga insurance quote this in there policy booklet We cover the following
For broken glass claims within the territory please call the
We do not cover the following
Panoramic glass roofs.
The first £75 of each glass replacement carried out.
More than £100 after deducting your excess if the glass is replaced by a glass repairer not previously approved by us within the territory.
The cost of broken glass for claims made while travelling under the ‘Use Abroad’ section of this policy, unless you submit receipts to us.
The first £25 of each glass repair carried out by a glass repairer not previously approved by us.
More than the market value of your vehicle at the time of the loss after deducting your excess.
3. Broken glass
Saga Glass Line on 0800 092 3304.
For broken panoramic glass roofs, please call 0800 001 5424 as these are covered under Part 1 of the ‘Loss or damage’ section of this policy.

But the above states it’s covered under part 1 ?? Contrary to the first statement that it’s not covered ? Confused.com :sad:

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
Sounds like the pano roof is not covered by the glass section of the policy and you'd have to clain as if you'd had an accident and pay whatever excess you have there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try NFU for a quote, their policy does cover roof glass and you can chose your repairer (so you can get a genuine windscreen rather than a cheap copy). They also give you a new car if written off in the first two years, which was a major plus point for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a reply back from them and it’s correct the is not covered by the glass policy , but is covered by the main policy ! You were quite correct

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I had a reply back from them and it’s correct the is not covered by the glass policy , but is covered by the main policy ! You were quite correct
That's very interesting Mikey. Mrs Y was thinking about transferring to SAGA in August when her Churchill insurance is due for renewal. That won't be happening now as her Mercedes SLK has a pano roof. I saved about £700 when moved to SAGA last year for the Velar. Wonder if they will require a tracker this year( dont know what another years claims experience might show)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've given up with SAGA for poor response and confusing information, I have even written to their customer services manager who tried but could not resolve issues. Poor show for a company which heralds good service,

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
That's very interesting Mikey. Mrs Y was thinking about transferring to SAGA in August when her Churchill insurance is due for renewal. That won't be happening now as her Mercedes SLK has a pano roof. I saved about £700 when moved to SAGA last year for the Velar. Wonder if they will require a tracker this year( dont know what another years claims experience might show)?
Yoda a saving of £700 ?? how much is your insurance ?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Yoda a saving of £700 ?? how much is your insurance ?
Churchill wanted over £1000 for the Velar at renewal (no change in claims or convictions) Shopped around and Saga came in at a tad over £300. Comes up for renewal next month, be interesting to see what Saga want then

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did go with saga in the end came out at £344 when my insurance Hastings who are crap !
Wanted £550! Never liked then they charge for everything, I think £25 to say I’ve changed my plate is ridiculous! Most say that’s fine , saga do include a lot like protected NCD, courtesy car unlimited Europe travel etc , the pano is covered by the main policy I figure it’s worth pay £400 access instead of £3000 for the glass ! but then most are the same when it comes to using them ! Try anything not to pay out ?

·
10,626 Posts
I've moved this over to Insurance.

There seems to be an ever increasing trend now with providers to start off with a basic price, that attracts the buyer, then when you go through the process of purchase, Add Ons come into play.

You see this with mobile phones TV & Broadband, Holidays etc.

With insurance it's infuriating, primarily because you may have initially rejected another provider as they were dearer, however in hindsight they weren't. At this point you just feel like giving up and stick with the later deal. It's probably a clever marketing tactic.

Saga are also very good at preventing you from renewing as a new customer in the second year. As the moment you log in it recognises you as an existing customer. Consequently I often took a years break from them, a shame because I used to regularly unsure with them as their policies worked for me.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts