Pic's of my new fuel tank shields. New fuel tank shields.jpg

Registered
My what a shiny bottom you have Bazz ��

Reactions: Veteran

Super Moderator

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #44
Talking of DRL's, are there any more out there with working DRL's Jag or Land Rover??

Registered
Talking of DRL's, are there any more out there with working DRL's Jag or Land Rover??
GOOD NEWS -- I had a phone call today from JLR Customer Relations to say that they have agreed to replace my fuel tank shields & bracket as a "GOOD WILL GESTURE"??

Many thanks for help/ info with this problem, I hope that any other Evoque owner with the same problem will contact JLR C/R & get the same result. This time they have replaced the Haldex unit & wheel bearing & are checking / retuning the gearbox to try & make it smoother, they fitted a new turbo last time & a diff the time before. They did however insist that the problem with the windscreen rubbers coming away from the A pillar was not covered because it is classed as "Trim".:(:(

I am very glad I have a 2 year warranty. :smile

I have owned this motor from 27th April & to date my local dealer has had it for 31% of this time.:(:sad: It is getting a bit like the Johnny Cash song "One Bit at a Time":rolleyes:
GOOD NEWS -- I had a phone call today from JLR Customer Relations to say that they have agreed to replace my fuel tank shields & bracket as a "GOOD WILL GESTURE"??

Many thanks for help/ info with this problem, I hope that any other Evoque owner with the same problem will contact JLR C/R & get the same result. This time they have replaced the Haldex unit & wheel bearing & are checking / retuning the gearbox to try & make it smoother, they fitted a new turbo last time & a diff the time before. They did however insist that the problem with the windscreen rubbers coming away from the A pillar was not covered because it is classed as "Trim".:(:(

I am very glad I have a 2 year warranty. :smile

I have owned this motor from 27th April & to date my local dealer has had it for 31% of this time.:(:sad: It is getting a bit like the Johnny Cash song "One Bit at a Time":rolleyes:
Hi Bazz,
Well thought my issues were over after getting the Power Steering rack replaced foc.
Had full service few days ago and a recommendation came up:
Fuel Tank Tray Corroded - Needs A New One.
Not sure how it has not come up on previous service as must have been pretty bad then judging by pictures I took.

Will open up a case with JLR - do not have any extended warranty - car is 5.5 years old so hopefully will fall under their 6 year Anti Corrosion Warranty.
Any advice before I pick up the phone?

Thanks again.

Adam

Attachments

Super Moderator
It鈥檚 a known fault. Mine was a 2017 HSE Lux with just surface rust & they replaced it FOC when I drew their attention to it

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #47
[QUHOTE="adam4eva, post: 272305, member: 15243"]
Hi Bazz,
Well thought my issues were over after getting the Power Steering rack replaced foc.
Had full service few days ago and a recommendation came up:
Fuel Tank Tray Corroded - Needs A New One.
Not sure how it has not come up on previous service as must have been pretty bad then judging by pictures I took.

Will open up a case with JLR - do not have any extended warranty - car is 5.5 years old so hopefully will fall under their 6 year Anti Corrosion Warranty.
Any advice before I pick up the phone?

Thanks again.

Adam
[/QUOTE]
Hi Adam,
It took several calls to Customer Relations regarding corrosion on the fuel tank shields before they accepted that it was a problem. Initially they said it was NOT covered on the anti-corrosion warranty. It will take a mastermind to work out how JLR come to most of their decisions, but be firm, polite & you should get a result, it may not be on the first call but persevere & keep a record of ALL conversations etc.
Best of luck.
Bazz (y) (y)

Registered
Spent a couple of hours sorting out the Fuel Tank Shields today. The shields were worse on the back/trailing edge.
Plenty of jenolite, then hammerited.
May have prolonged the life, done 62000 miles and shields weren鈥檛 too bad, probably caught just in time. Bought the car to keep 10 years, from new, probably be ready for scrap man by then.
Really wish I鈥檇 bought a new Skoda Yeti instead of the Evoque, Evoque is comfy, doing ok, shame Skoda hadn鈥檛 built it. Hey ho.
Plus, Yeti no longer made, what else do you buy - don鈥檛 want a battery car, don鈥檛 want a 1.2 steroid 150bhp petrol.
Car industry in limbo, will be power blackouts soon.

Registered
First Post. A friend noticed something hanging from the wife's Evoque on checking I found the shield was in bits, away to contact the garage as they replaced the strap for the tank in November during the MOT and service, they noted the shield was rusty but never mentioned it when we picked up the car.

Registered
Wow, there鈥檚 hardly anything left of it. Don鈥檛 tend to see rust of that magnitude nowadays - unless you look under an evoque. What year is it?

Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
Wow indeed!!
That is properly rusty. Certainly needs a complete replacement. Never seen one as bad as that, you should contact JLR and see if they will contribute to the replacement.
Good Luck!

Registered
Wow indeed!!
That is properly rusty. Certainly needs a complete replacement. Never seen one as bad as that, you should contact JLR and see if they will contribute to the replacement.
Good Luck!
Hi David,
It's a 2014 with 94000 on the clock, owned it a couple of years have never had her off road but who knows what previous owner did. Contacted Peter Vardy Aberdeen where we bought the car and have any service requirements carried out, the service department are going to speak with the manager and get back to us, either way it is booked in for replacement to be fitted.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts