21 - 40 of 52 Posts

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #22
REAR DRL's

REAR DRL's.

I have just had a conversation with an "advisor" in JLR Ripley who has stated that REAR DLR's are not supported now as they are classed as a specification update, so they have refused to issue the code (3 times) required to the technician that would enable him to tick the box & activate the rear DRL's.

When I questioned the decision not to enable a safety feature I was told " that is our answer now" I could not get any reason whatsoever from this "advisor" Is this a bit strange or what????:confused::confused::confused:

Does anybody else feel that the REAR DRL's should be on as well as the front??? Any ideas??:sad::mad::(

Reactions: CLAYBUSTER

Registered
Sicilian yellow special edition.
Yes bazz I was wondering if a conversion could be done by an auto electrician.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #24
The problem is that unless the system is updated via a Land Rover based program the next software update will revert back to the previous setting i.e. no rear DRL's. Good old JLR don't you just LUV EM':(

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #25
PLEASE SEE REAR DRL's for latest rant.

Super Moderator
More news on Fuel Tank Shield

I have been informed that new tank shields now come coated, not sure what with but it's a black coating. Maybe JLR has realised after all of these years that is pay's to do it properly from the beginning & apply a corrosion resistant coating:smile_big: - or - maybe it is just a coincidence:(

Time will tell.
When I had a new one fitted it was a silver colour and I saw the item label on it. When I questioned it I was told they come coated. Certainly wasn鈥檛 black & I think it was untreated!

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #27
When was this fitted??

Super Moderator

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #29
I will check mine when/if I get it back.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #31
I am picking it up tomorrow complete with an umbrella.:grin::grin::grin::):smile_big::wink:

Registered
MY15 2.2L
I鈥檝e only got 3 months warranty left Bazz.. so tell them to hurry up ��
You've got longer than that! :)
@Bazz is claiming under the anti-corrosion warranty:

ANTI-CORROSION WARRANTY
If any part of your Land Rover鈥檚 bodywork is corroded with rust, the affected panels are repaired or replaced by a Land Rover Approved Service Centre, free of charge. Regardless of mileage or any change of ownership, this coverage lasts six years from the day you take delivery of your new Land Rover.

Reactions: 9492

Registered
MY15 2.2L
I am picking it up tomorrow complete with an umbrella.:grin::grin::grin::):smile_big::wink:
Don't be tricked! I got the umbrella, but my tank protector is still rusty!!! :D

Registered
Just before I sold it last week so maybe a month maximum
Veteran is your 'new' Jag a petrol V6 or a diesel V6?

Best

Ian

Super Moderator
Veteran is your 'new' Jag a petrol V6 or a diesel V6?

Best

Ian
Hi Ian the F Pace S Jag is the 3 ltr V6 diesel, 9 months old with 5221 on the clock when I bought it, with assurances of no DPF or charging problems. We鈥檒l see! No problems so far but I鈥檝e only done just over 500 miles & it was serviced before I took delivery. I must admit it goes well, is lovely to drive & very comfortable but I miss the 鈥渆asy entry/exit鈥 where the seat dropped down & moved back on the Evoque.

Registered
Hi Ian the F Pace S Jag is the 3 ltr V6 diesel, 9 months old with 5221 on the clock when I bought it, with assurances of no DPF or charging problems. We鈥檒l see! No problems so far but I鈥檝e only done just over 500 miles & it was serviced before I took delivery. I must admit it goes well, is lovely to drive & very comfortable but I miss the 鈥渆asy entry/exit鈥 where the seat dropped down & moved back on the Evoque.
That V6 engine is a peach! Smooth, torquey and the car responds really well, press the loud pedal and wait for the flashing blue lights in your mirrors!

As the DPF is close coupled to the turbos, one for each bank, your DPF worries 'shouldn't' be a problem.
Decent fuel, Shell or BP once in a while seems to keep the EGR valves reasonably clean.Its not that Tesco and Asda fuel is OK but the expensive Shell and BP stuff has added cleaners, hence the extra cost!
I found that in the short time of having one, it is my sons really, but he left me to look after it while he was away, using decent fuel, every third tank full, gives quite reasonable fuel consumption. Your driving habits are probably like mine, no commuting, which means it is quite difficult to give a true mpg average over a period of time.

It is a lovely looking car, comfortable with a firmish ride. Less firm than an Audi but not as soft and an Evoque.

Enjoy it!!

Best

Ian

Super Moderator
That V6 engine is a peach! Smooth, torquey and the car responds really well, press the loud pedal and wait for the flashing blue lights in your mirrors!

As the DPF is close coupled to the turbos, one for each bank, your DPF worries 'shouldn't' be a problem.
Decent fuel, Shell or BP once in a while seems to keep the EGR valves reasonably clean.Its not that Tesco and Asda fuel is OK but the expensive Shell and BP stuff has added cleaners, hence the extra cost!
I found that in the short time of having one, it is my sons really, but he left me to look after it while he was away, using decent fuel, every third tank full, gives quite reasonable fuel consumption. Your driving habits are probably like mine, no commuting, which means it is quite difficult to give a true mpg average over a period of time.

It is a lovely looking car, comfortable with a firmish ride. Less firm than an Audi but not as soft and an Evoque.

Enjoy it!!

Best

Ian
Yes I鈥檝e noticed the absolute instant response with the pedal to the metal, breathtaking! Mine has the 22鈥 wheels with Pirelli P Zero tyres and I find I feel every bump in the road. I don鈥檛 have a regular commute now, thank goodness, just social trips now, though I do volunteer fairly regularly which is only 3.4 miles (8 - 10 minutes) town/country lanes, not enough to warm the motor up or get the turbos spinning & obviously I notice the mpg has dropped a lot compared to the 2 ltr 180 Evoque. Not that I鈥檓 too bothered with my annual mileage. It鈥檚 got the grin factor plus admiring glances & though Mrs V didn鈥檛 want me to get rid of the RRE when I mentioned the word 鈥淛ag鈥 her eyes lit up and she adsolutely loves it. She won鈥檛 drive it as she says it鈥檚 to big and powerful but she said that about the RRE at first and did try it a couple of times but only while I was with her. Time will tell.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Discussion Starter #38
My fuel tank shields have now been replaced FOC they are black, not bare metal but for some reason I cannot attach/upload any photo's if anybody has any idea why I cannot do this PLEASE let me know.
I am now in possession of a Brolly:grin:

Registered
Yes I鈥檝e noticed the absolute instant response with the pedal to the metal, breathtaking! Mine has the 22鈥 wheels with Pirelli P Zero tyres and I find I feel every bump in the road. I don鈥檛 have a regular commute now, thank goodness, just social trips now, though I do volunteer fairly regularly which is only 3.4 miles (8 - 10 minutes) town/country lanes, not enough to warm the motor up or get the turbos spinning & obviously I notice the mpg has dropped a lot compared to the 2 ltr 180 Evoque. Not that I鈥檓 too bothered with my annual mileage. It鈥檚 got the grin factor plus admiring glances & though Mrs V didn鈥檛 want me to get rid of the RRE when I mentioned the word 鈥淛ag鈥 her eyes lit up and she absolutely loves it. She won鈥檛 drive it as she says it鈥檚 to big and powerful but she said that about the RRE at first and did try it a couple of times but only while I was with her. Time will tell.
Veteran, encourage Mrs V to drive it in an empty car park where she can sense the gentleness of the throttle.
I found the throttle to be incredibly gentle and you could easily drive very slowly, very easily.
Pootling along in slow traffic was easy.
I'm not sure, but it might learn throttle response by a driver. So if she has her own key, the car will remember how she drives. The gearbox certainly does.

Best

Ian

Super Moderator
Veteran, encourage Mrs V to drive it in an empty car park where she can sense the gentleness of the throttle.
I found the throttle to be incredibly gentle and you could easily drive very slowly, very easily.
Pootling along in slow traffic was easy.
I'm not sure, but it might learn throttle response by a driver. So if she has her own key, the car will remember how she drives. The gearbox certainly does.

Best

Ian
Yes, she has her own key (or the spare as I call it, secure in a Faraday case in my study). They said each key has its own 鈥渕emory鈥. I鈥檒l get her behind the wheel eventually, she did show slight signs of thinking about it yesterday. Sooner I get her driving it the sooner I can get her filling the tank :smile_big:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts