Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

Has anybody ever managed to get JLR to sort out rusty fuel tank shields under the anti corrosion warranty??? I have tried twice through dealer when my motor has gone in for warranty work, it is again now & they have agreed to fit a Haldex unit & wheel bearing & sort out the windscreen rubbers but are once again saying that the fuel tank shields which are metal & it would seem have never been painted/treated does not get included in the warranty.

This must be a special bit of JLR reasoning!! I would have thought that being metal & fitted to the underside of vehicle out in the worst possible place for wet, damp, salt & any other sh1te collection it was a prime candidate to be covered.

I am going to talk to Customer Relations tomorrow & any info or ammunition would be very much appreciated.:devil::devil:

As I have said before I really like my Evoque - But as of this Friday coming (when it is due back) I will have owned it for 152 days & it will have spent 38 days in the dealers, or 25% of the time I have owned it,:( not a very good track record:eek::mad:, I am very glad I purchased this from an Approved Dealer & got a 2 year warranty.

Reactions: 9492

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
The last time mine went in for some work I pointed out that the fuel tank shield had some minor surface rust and showed them the photos of a shield that had rusted through. If you look back through the site you’ll find the photos. The service manager said he’d send them to JLR, & he replaced mine under warranty before it could get to that stage. I checked it had been changed when I picked the car up & it had. I mentioned it didn’t seem to have any anti rust coating on it & he said they are treated against rust. We’ll see!

Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup our guard is rusty too, had phoned our garage re an advisory on brakes to be told there was an advisory on the guard also! Yup it is very rusty and has a split in it so will try the extended warranty.

Reactions: Bazz and Veteran

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
Yup our guard is rusty too, had phoned our garage re an advisory on brakes to be told there was an advisory on the guard also! Yup it is very rusty and has a split in it so will try the extended warranty.
As I said, I pointed mine only had minor surface rust and they replaced it under warranty :smile_big: Advisory might be because of the photos I sent in.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rusty tank shields.

Hi Vet,

Thanks for the info, I have downloaded pic's. Just talked to JLR Customer relations (0370 5000 500), they have taken details & will get back to me. I have just looked on JLR site & found this .

ANTI-CORROSION WARRANTY
If any part of your Land Rover’s bodywork is corroded with rust, the affected panels are repaired or replaced by a Land Rover Approved Service Centre, free of charge. Regardless of mileage or any change of ownership, this coverage lasts six years from the day you take delivery of your new Land Rover.

Pretty straightforward, we shall see what excuses they come back with.

Reactions: Veteran and HmmmUK

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD NEWS -- I had a phone call today from JLR Customer Relations to say that they have agreed to replace my fuel tank shields & bracket as a "GOOD WILL GESTURE":grin::grin:

Many thanks for help/ info with this problem, I hope that any other Evoque owner with the same problem will contact JLR C/R & get the same result. This time they have replaced the Haldex unit & wheel bearing & are checking / retuning the gearbox to try & make it smoother, they fitted a new turbo last time & a diff the time before. They did however insist that the problem with the windscreen rubbers coming away from the A pillar was not covered because it is classed as "Trim".:(:(

I am very glad I have a 2 year warranty. :smile

I have owned this motor from 27th April & to date my local dealer has had it for 31% of this time.:(:sad: It is getting a bit like the Johnny Cash song "One Bit at a Time":rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Bazz

I had the external beading come loose on the driver's side A-pillar about 6 months after I bought the car and it was re-fixed under warranty without quibble. No problems since.

Steve

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Donna,
I definately agree with that statement, I dread to think how much all of this work would have cost without the warranty. Another strange twist - when I picked the motor up originally I had DLR's on front & rear. The rear DLR's stopped (I think) after it went into dealers first time, so I asked of they could change it back so I had DLR's on front & rear. I checked with the dealer I purchased it from & was told "if you get them to change to Scandinavia setting the rear DLR's will work, so I asked the question & it was agreed that they would do this.

When I was at the dealer talking to the Technician who was working on my motor he logged in & went to settings & found where he could make the change - however it needed a special code from JLR to change it so he requested this & eventually was told " we have changed our stance on this & will not allow you to make the change anymore. Weird or wot?? It has never made sense to me that DLR'S are only on the front & not on the rear-:sad:- Only in Great Britain could we come up with this brilliant idea. I will speak to JLR Customer Relations when I can get hold of them & ask the question.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It has never made sense to me that DLR'S are only on the front & not on the rear-:sad:- Only in Great Britain could we come up with this brilliant idea. I will speak to JLR Customer Relations when I can get hold of them & ask the question.

If they say it's JLR policy then perhaps ask them why the Jaguar XE has had rear lights on with the front DLR's since it's introduction in 2105 and still has them on new models today ? (I think the XF is the same)
I found the rears are disabled on my MY20 Evoque and thought it was bloody daft as well.

Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Does DLR stand for Dyslexic Land Rovers or should it be DRL?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Does DLR stand for Dyslexic Land Rovers or should it be DRL?

No.
It's the Docklands Light Railway or DLR we are talking about...............:smile_big:

A couple more additions to the rear DRL's active on other JLR products I've seen this afternoon.
F-Pace, Discovery Sport and RR Velar all have rear lights on with the front DRLs.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
perhaps I ARE DISREXLIC.:devil::(

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks PhilB for the info on DRL's.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More news on Fuel Tank Shield

I have been informed that new tank shields now come coated, not sure what with but it's a black coating. Maybe JLR has realised after all of these years that is pay's to do it properly from the beginning & apply a corrosion resistant coating:smile_big: - or - maybe it is just a coincidence:(

Time will tell.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,793 Posts
More news on Fuel Tank Shield

I have been informed that new tank shields now come coated, not sure what with but it's a black coating. Maybe JLR has realised after all of these years that is pay's to do it properly from the beginning & apply a corrosion resistant coating:smile_big: - or - maybe it is just a coincidence:(

Time will tell.
Thanks for all the info on this. I'll be checking my guard out (it's brown/red with rust as most are!) and asking my dealer. But I'm wondering if you were only looked after due to all your other problems. So I might not be so lucky with a 'good will' resolution.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,159 Posts
It’s great that you’ve had a result and it may pave the way for others to get this poor design resolved under warranty.
This was mine that wasn’t in bad condition that I just painted with Hammerite!

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks a very good job, maybe I should brought mine to you:devil:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I sprayed my surface rust with black Waxoyl last year and is seems fine at the moment.

Nice to know that they could/should replace it if and when necessary.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts