Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don’t think the LDVS cable goes to the screen, it connects to the main media unit as far as I can tell, most have all the basic LDVS connectors already fitted, I am trying to add front camera and need to access media unit to do this

if you look at the unit it has a white LDVS connector with two power cables, as far as I can tell it’s located under the drivers seat but not had chance to have a look yet

if you look at the usb LDVS it has the same power cables to the side

Do you have the standard 10” screen or the 10” screen that’s adjustable

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry, should have read properly, you have first edition so you have the flip screen

This is the back of your screen, LDVS is standard the power is separate with 2 x canbus

the lower climate screen has double LDVS connectors

This again goes back to the main media unit, mine doesn’t have this lower screen but my media unit has the double LDVS feed for it.

Reactions: Spookybull

·
Registered
192 Posts
From what I have found, whatever equipment and options your car has the multimedia unit has all the connectors to cope, it’s just missing the wiring to whatever your trying to add.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got this email

Good afternoon,
I have confirmed with both the workshop and the parts department and unfortunately this is not possible. The main head unit (screen), GPS antenna and centre console interface are wired completely differently to incorporate SIM cards. Not to mention the software the car left the factory with is set up differently. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.....

Looks like a missing LVDS Cable and the other bits, together with the need for a reboot, constitute everything being so 'completely different' as to render a retrofit impossible. :mad:

There is no Defeat word in my vocabulary without a decent fight...

Simple things. The Panasonic screen (manufacturer of the DUO screens), is based on Android OS and has an LVDS connection input at the back of the device. All is needed is an LVDS cable traveling from the screen to the armrest. Under the old FW93 device (you can easily remove it by yourself), you will find that there is one cable connecting the USB ports and another one that is responsible for the device power. The cable that is missing is the LVDS cable I mentioned before. I am sure that JLR has a part number for this cable in case of a need to replace it on the models where Carplay is factory installed. Please find below an image of the cable that you need which as you can see includes the power supply for the new device.

Give it a go and let us know of the results.
1610528478943.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I have found, whatever equipment and options your car has the multimedia unit has all the connectors to cope, it’s just missing the wiring to whatever your trying to add.
Excellent details Mable. Thank you. Regarding the multimedia unit:

1. Where is it (multimedia unit) located? Do we have easy access to it?
2. Do you know which LVDS slot the Sim enabled device needs to occupy with the LVDS cable?
3. Is there an easy path from the armrest to the location of the multimedia unit from your experience?

Once again thank you for the great photos of the equipment. Clarifies a lot of things.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I haven’t had chance to have a look yet but the MK1 evoque had the media box under the carpet under the drivers seat so it’s a fairly big job, and from talking to someone who supplies the camera units from China the 2020 evoque’s are the same.
The cable below has the separate power feeds

but if you look at the flip screen on the duo upper it hasn’t got the extra power cables

I don’t have a diagram for the media cable connectors, but I’m on the hunt for one and will let you know when I find one.

Reactions: Spookybull

·
Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
106 Posts
Here's a tour of the pre20 Evoque wiring courtesy of a hungry rodent in case it's of interest and you've not already seen it

Reactions: Mable

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven’t had chance to have a look yet but the MK1 evoque had the media box under the carpet under the drivers seat so it’s a fairly big job, and from talking to someone who supplies the camera units from China the 2020 evoque’s are the same.
The cable below has the separate power feeds
View attachment 7304
but if you look at the flip screen on the duo upper it hasn’t got the extra power cables
View attachment 7305
I don’t have a diagram for the media cable connectors, but I’m on the hunt for one and will let you know when I find one.
And another thing that we may need to pay attention to is the fact that you may find a Right Hand Drive wiring manual where I have a Left Hand Drive car.... I hope my quest will not result to removing the wrong seat... 😄😄😄

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes that’s a good point👍

21 - 29 of 29 Posts