Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at RRE First Edition models, and quite like the Nolita Grey colour but, from photos, it appears to have a blueish tint to it. As I haven’t seen this colour in the flesh, can anyone who owns one confirm my view, or advise otherwise? Also, is Nolita a metallic finish?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm also looking at that colour and haven't yet been to look at one in the flesh. I think it seems to suit the FE very well, given there is only this, white or silver to choose from. Land Rover seemed to have used the Nolita Grey in the launch vehicles and for press reviews etc.

There are a lot of US First Editions on Youtube (search Nolita Grey as well as Range Rover Evoque First Edition). These seem identical in spec, except most in the US have the 21" alloys and Adaptive Dynamic option fitted.

These videos are quite a good view of the Nolita Grey:

The first video is after being valeted/detailed:

I really do love the 20" standard fit alloys!

The colour seems to look a little lilac in some of the inside videos, bluey grey outside and darker in differing lights.

Be interesting if an owner comes along to clarify!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,745 Posts
Color CodesColor Description
1CS, 2340, JLRC2340, MFVSeoul Pearl Silver
1CT, JLRC2344, LOJNolita Grey Metallic
1DF, 2409, JLRC2409, LRAEiger Gray Metallic
1DG, 2410, JIP, JLRC2410Portofino Blue Metallic

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, it does have a slight blueish tint to it, but it's definitely less "flashy" than LR promotion pictures would suggest. The colour shifts a bit depending on the lighting, on a grey day it will look more grey than blue, and with a blue sky the slight blue will appear.

Reactions: AllanG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is exactly the same model and colour I’m considering @rencar, so would very much appreciate your opinion of it when you get it.......especially the fuel consumption!
Cheers, Allan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Absolutely will do.

The dealer was very good, as trying to see the Nolita Grey in the flesh and with the P250 engine is extremely difficult. Plenty of 180's around. I test drove a P250 SE first and then examined a white FE they had to check the interior. Then whilst I was deciding whether the deal was good enough, the dealer offered to drive us to one of his colleagues locally who had a Nolita Grey FE, for me to see how the car actually looked in that colour. Job done.

Apparently there are only one or two brand new left of this model/colour in the country. I've had one of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks for this info @rencar. As a matter of interest, what was your impression of the P250 engine, and did you compare it to a diesel version?
Unfortunately, my budget won’t run to a new FE so, if I do decide to change from my current Audi Q5, then I’ll be looking for a used model.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry, don't want to go too off topic here.

The P250 petrol engine and gearbox combination was really great. Quiet, smooth and refined. Plenty of punch when required. Trying to find a P250 demonstrator is difficult though in my view.

I didn't drive the JLR 180 diesel, but have had diesel cars for many years. It lacked a little of the real mid-range torque that I'm used to with my current Peugeot 3008 180bhp auto. but nothing to really remark on. The quietness - particularly when the car was standing still - I actually thought the engine wasn't on (ie. stop/stat was active), but a blip on the accelerator showed it was!

Only the poorer fuel consumption to think about, but on the forums people have said give it some time/miles and it does improve a bit. Not having to think about any DPF regens, oil dilution, interim services, Adblue topups or having to go for a drive to clear the DPF do personally appeal to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks again @rencar (y). Your reasons for choosing the P250 over a diesel are exactly the same as why I chose a petrol Q5, especially as my annual mileage is lower than average, plus most of my journeys are urban. I agree that modern petrol engines are very quiet, which is another bonus, and I can live with the lower mpg!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
...my current Peugeot 3008...
Nolita Grey / P250 Nice spec & colour (y)

I had to Google the Peugeot 3008 to see what it was - not exactly a 'looker' - you should be very happy with your Evoque :)

Reactions: macounette

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for that.

If you Google the latest Peugeot 3008 GT check it’s the latest 2017 onwards facelift model, which mine is and looks very Evoque like. I’ve had people saying they thought it was an Evoque. The previous 3008 model was a weird jelly mould shape!

I spent a lot of time talking to current Land Rover owners about reliability and trust in the car and dealers. I also had one horror story from a 5 year old evoque that was forever being repaired. They got rid because the garage indicates further problems and money to be spent. That nearly made me decide to stick with my current car!

Hope for all this money, it doesn’t disappoint.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
Here's a 2020 model - doesn't look "Evoque like" to me :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
My order is now in (this morning) for a brand new Nolita Grey P250 First Edition!

Hope I've made the right decision!
Woo-hoo ! you won't' regret it (hopefully) :) I have the same model, colour and motor and absolutely love it ! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts