Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is possible to fix a tailor made roof bar, consider Evoque roof got a taper. However, not advisable for a panoramic roof considering the safety. After all why do you want to spoil the look of a beautiful car? The purpose of panoramic roof will not be met. This is my own opinion as a common man, an expert may have a different view.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you ask me, yes
The bars spoil the great pure looks of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i too am interested in roof bars but not seen these as an option yet.....i too have gone for a panoramic roof. Not sure it will spoil the look of the car though!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Forget appearances, you fit the roof bars for a purpose, to carry a bike or storage container or, if you want to pose in downtown 'uddersfield, skis.

I don't know how they are fixed to the car, but I would certainly want to be able to remove them when not in use. They will otherwise add to wind resistance and make a noise.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
insnojackson said:
Bambou said:
http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?page=search&SS=evoque&PR=-1&TB=A

Some look reasonable, but £140 plus vat for a plastic boot guard!!!! having a laugh, i think a similar item for my scirocco was about £35. Surely it wont be long until an after market manufacturer is knocking them out for about 50 quid

Odd I am sure i posted exactly the same text somewhere else?
Lol I tried to quote you but didn't manage

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was at the Evoque Unleashed event in Manchester on Friday and one of the cars had the roof bars fitted so they definitely are available and they definitely fit, even with the panoramic roof, cleverly the attachment points sit neatly beyond the panoramic roof. And with a surf board / bike / ski's I think it'll look really cool...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think people are drifting off the original question. I am also looking at fitting Roof bars to my dynamic with panoramic roof. I phoned my local LR and was told id be looking at around £500 + vat to get them fitted but i cant see why when there are already coers on the car to remove and fit the roof rails.

I would also like to ask if anyone knows if its just more or less a case of "plug & play" or if there is more to it when it comes to fitting roof rails to evoque?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
Given that JLR use Thule products I have just been onto the Thule website and they have now updated it and the configurator understands the selection 'Land Rover / Evoque and has several options. It does look like you have an option of fitting with footpacks & Feet without the runners that run the length of the car. If so thats a great result and x 4 bolts will release the rails from your car if you dont want them there all the time.

I think it would be worth an email to them to confirm this but it looks like Halfords is an option and that you dont have to get this done at the dealer = £ saving!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
I have had a response from Thule, the email confirms that you can fit a roofrack either with or without the roof rails, the items to do this are:

Thule Footpack 754
Thule fitting kit 1663
Thule bars, either: 962, 862 (aero) or 762.

fitting this will take very little time and eliminates the need for roof rails. Well done Evoque for letting you chose which option you want.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any pics of these thule footpack things? wondering if the womans juke roofbars (not thule) might be adapted or fit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi yes you can details on evoque site in accessories.

<DIV =wrapper sizcache="7" sizset="0">
<DIV id=drop-downs sizcache="7" sizset="0">
<DIV ="primary-nav-dropdown new-vehicles-dropdown drop-down model--dropdown" style="DISPLAY: none" sizcache="7" sizset="0" jQuery1327008164616="3">
<DIV =car- sizcache="7" sizset="0">
<H1 =sectiontitle cufid="1"><CUFON ="cufon cufon-vml" style="WIDTH: 71px; HEIGHT: 26px" alt="land "><CUFONCANVAS style="LEFT: -5px; TOP: -2px; HEIGHT: 28px">

Roof Rail trim finisher kit required for vehicles with the panoramic glass roof. For use with the Black Roof Rail Kit - VLPVR0086.

Please Note

Required for Roof Rails fitted to panoramic glass roof vehicles<BR =clear></H1>

var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));

< ="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" =text/>

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-5814805-1");
pageTracker._trackPageview('/uk-EN/Range Rover Evoque/Carrying & Towing/Roof Rails & Cross Bars/Roof Rails - Black Finish/Black Roof Trim Finisher Kit (Moon Roof) (VPLVR0090)/');

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,Ive just been away to Cornwall and had the rails priced by Landrover (fitted 580 pounds) not including roof bars, a company supplying Thule quoted 175 pounds, footpads, fitting kit and aero bars with a Thule box 290 pounds, Landrover box 340 plus vat.
The man on the phone had called Sweden to confirm part numbers for glass roof and Thule have now said all systems go for Evoque owners!!!!
Landrover price full kit inc fitting 1170 pounds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts