Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Booked in for what I thought to be a straight forward job, surely they can get it right this time?
"Fogged rear view camera due to condensation (common enough problem) and while it's in you might as well fix the non-functioning web browser".
(I rarely use the browser, so on it's own couldn't be bothered with the hassle of taking it in - it did work before more recent updates but stopped working some time ago).
Got the usual confirmation email and invite to enter details to get it "Right First Time" which I duly filled in so that they could order the replacement camera before hand.............

"Hello sir, your car won't be ready today, we have to run a number of tests with JLR HQ to fix your browser"
"Ok, .....so you've done the replacement camera then?" (been keeping an eye on the Remote app and no sign of the boot being opened)
Pause.....
"Urrmmm no sir, we need to order in the part, should be in tomorrow"
"Oh, what a surprise"

Incompetence! - makes my blood boil. :mad:

Flashy "front of house", Barista coffee machine, etc. etc. - but need to get right what they're actually there for. (fix high tech cars that go wrong on a regular basis)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I hope Land Rover read this!
They are in danger of losing the plot ...I appreciate this is their dealer network rather than JLR.
But so many things like this going on. If you read the Android Play reviews for Remote (InControl) lots of unhappy customers but LR rarely, if at all reply?! More likely to get some help from an individual who's created a free app.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Which dealer centre is it ?.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which dealer centre is it ?.
Carrs Truro.
All's well that ends well (I guess), got the car back this afternoon (in 3 days), camera replaced and faulty TCU (telematics control unit) was replaced following technical assistance from JLR to get the web browser working. I've had previous software problems that took over a week for them to sort, I suspect the TCU perhaps should have been replaced earlier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts