Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum.
I will be putting in an order for the RRE soon - excited - and am weighing up whether to go for the 19 or 20 inch alloys. I have only test driven with the 19's, and enjoyed the ride. Has anyone tried both and can advise whether the ride on the 20's is comparable? I much prefer the style of the 20's, so am inclined to go with those unless the ride quality is significantly inferior.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO you will have to try both for yourself.

Personally I barely noticed the difference but previous polls seem to conclude that those with 18/19" did it for the improved ride, those on 20" did it for the look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also there seems to be some paranoia about MPG in some quarters. You can guarantee that putting 20's on will hit the MPG to some extent. I'm pretty certain that any official performance figures would be based on standard 18's.

Like the ride quality, whether it will will be noticeable or not you will only be able to tell by a proper comparison. To be honest, go with what you really want. If its the look you are after, then go for the 20's. You will regret it later if you don't get the vehicle what you originally wanted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I understand from two friends who have 20 that the ride is not compromised in any way. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go for 20's. You'll not notice any diff. The Dynamic is standard 20 inch anyway so mpg is as is but expect low to mid 30's and not 40+ if that is even a consideration

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm told that the 18 &19" come fitted with M&S tyres. The 20" on my Dynamic are normal sports tyres. Over £1000 to get winter/M&S tyres fitted; smaller wheels with correct tyres about the same. Worth considering if you are going to be in Off road/Snowy places. If I was getting another one I would defo go for any wheel with M&S fitted as standard.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In my opinion Prestige = luxury and suit 19" and Dynamic = sporty with 20."
If I wanted 20" I would haveordered a dynamic.
Pure it is all about personal choicebiggerwheels for sportier look?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts