Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my centre right reversing sensor was playing up, randomly beeping on selecting reverse. I was planning on removing the bumper and changing it but had seen a few you tube videos of folk sorting them with WD40.
I was completely sceptical but thought it鈥檚 worth a try for nothing.
I placed a cloth below the sensor and soaked it in WD40, waited a minute and did it again then wiped it clean.
Tried the car 30 mins later and the sensor is working as it should, not randomly beeping but detecting objects correctly.
I then washed the car, including spraying the sensor with a hose, it is still working fine and has been all day.
I have no idea how long it will last and will update if it plays up again, and no I did not expect it work either馃槅

Registered
Hi @Binty
This is a great trick to know.
Do you know if these are the sensors that also generate the orange / red reversing proximity squares pls?....mine have gone awol 馃ズ & I'd like to find them 馃槅...maybe this could be a fix? Thx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @Binty
This is a great trick to know.
Do you know if these are the sensors that also generate the orange / red reversing proximity squares pls?....mine have gone awol 馃ズ & I'd like to find them 馃槅...maybe this could be a fix? Thx
Hi, yes they do trigger the squares, that is how I knew it was the centre right sensor, random beeping and the corresponding square lighting up. I would guess if you don't have the squares you also do not have the beeps?

Registered
I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it...no I don't have the beeps either.
The head unit also displays the blue screen with the crossed through camera for a split second when selecting reverse, although the reversing view (with guidelines) is fine after the blue screen disappears.
So I'm guessing this is more than just one of the sensors playing up?
Do they all connect to a fuse / relay or something? Any suggestions pls? Thx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @RRRaych
Silly question time, but
1 are the sensors switched on? 3rd button down on the left of the display, only illuminates orange with engine running and in reverse.
2 are the PDC graphics turned on? (Touch the screen with engine on, reverse selected and the rear view camera showing). I do not think you get graphics if you have wide view selected (screen with arrows top right of display)
3 is the PDC volume turned up? System settings, volume presets. Mine was at zero when I bought the car. That was an easy fix for he problem. 馃榿

if they are all good there is a PDC control module somewhere in the rear of the car and I presume a fuse, but I have not looked up which fuse, it wil be in your handbook, if you don鈥檛 have one just ask and I will look it up in mine.
Hope this helps.
Edit
I just thought so you have a tow bar? I think if anything is connected it disables PDC.

Automotive design Plant Car Satellite radio Personal luxury car

Automotive design Audio equipment Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Vehicle audio

Registered
Hi @Binty
Ok, so in response to your (not silly) questions
1. The orange sensor light flashes when selecting reverse but doesn't stay lit.
2. My PDC settings are exactly the same as shown.
3. My volume is also turned up.
I have a detachable towbar that I've never used so far.
I'm guessing it sounds like a fuse or control module so I'm going to dig out my handbook & keep fingers crossed that it's a straightforward fix.
Thanks for your help, very much appreciated 馃槜

Reactions: Binty

Registered
Hi @Binty
I've checked the handbook & now it's my turn for silly question time 馃槅
1. Would you agree that it's fuse 9RB
2. how do you access the screen in the below to check sensors are enabled
3. do you know where to find a wiring diagram to show where the PDC control module is located & part no.

All with a pretty please on the end of course 馃榿
Thanks so much

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
1. I am not sure on the fuse. I have checked my handbook which is a diesel. It says fuse 43 in the engine compartment for rear view camera.
Also says fuse FB9 for proximity camera. (Maybe that is the surround cameras?)
I can see anything for the PDC module fuse, I wonder if it has a circuit breaker instead I think someone mentioned them previously but I have no idea what they look like.
Font Publication Book Paper Writing

Font Material property Music Paper Book

2. as for the controls to switch things on and off, they are the ones photographed above. I have just had a play with mine, thumbnails attached.
The button in the left controls the PDC sensors, (if on they beep (provided volume is up)
PDC ticked on screen adds the four squares to the camera image to show which one is beeping.
Park assist guidance turns on and off the solid and dotted lines.
Hitch assist gives a central line
Towball zoom only works with hitch assist and zooms right in on the tow ball area when close.
Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle Car Steering part
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Plant Steering part
Plant Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Mode of transport
Automotive design Motor vehicle Plant Car Gadget
Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Steering wheel

I would try them all individually and see if anything works.
3 I have some wiring diagrams, let me check
on the laptop and post it.

I am guessing you either have a fault on the PDC system, or maybe on the tow bar system as thee tow bar disables PDC when a trailer is connected.
Maybe try unplugging the tow bar electrics? I am told it is a plug and play system but do not know.

Administrator
If you are having the Flashing light on the "P" button, usually accompanied by a long beep sometimes, then your PAM is maybe faulty, I had this intermittently and eventually it started causing CAN bus issues, But the Diagnostics pointed at the power line from the PAM.

See My thread here.

Reactions: RRRaych and Binty

Registered
@Binty
Thank you, that's massively helpful. I see that your P light stays lit...mine flashes once before dying 馃様

@PhilSkill
If you are having the Flashing light on the "P" button, usually accompanied by a long beep sometimes
Yes that's exactly what I have, with a split second of blue screen before the camera kicks in..
I'd forgotten that I'd read your excellent thread...that's the blond in me 馃懕鈥嶁檧锔 馃ぃ (no offence).
Thanks for chipping in & reminding me 馃憤馃徎馃榿

Reactions: Binty
1 - 10 of 10 Posts